Anyone would think the cupid had struck you

She closed her eyes as he slowly reached a pale hand towards her face, and she prepared herself. Then she felt his hand brush her nose, and suddenly the intoxicating scent of his cologne was gone. And so was he. She opened her eyes.

"There was fluff on your nose, I was just getting it off," he grinned. She had got all excited over nothing.

"Thank you," she smiled back.

She really did look quite cute when she smiled, Draco thought. He had never truly hated her, his father just had him under the impression muggle born's were to be called mudbloods, and mudbloods were scum. He ran a hand through his perfect platinum hair, trying to think of something to say.

"I really am sorry Hermione," he began nervously. Too late to stop now.

"For always being a complete dick to you," he continued, "you never deserved that. My father had convinced me all muggle born's were dirty
blooded and foul, but I know he was wrong. I had no choice. He was a complete arse."

She looked shocked. Panic flooded him- had he said something wrong? But then he relaxed as she hugged him tightly, and he could smell her vanilla scent. She sat back down.

"It's okay, Draco, I know," she smiled sweetly.

"Let me carry your trunk to the castle: the house elves aren't doing it this year."

"No! I can carry it myself, thank you. I could also levitate it in case you forgot."

"Of course I haven't forgotten. But, hey, what are boyfriend's for?" and with that, he flashed her a grin and carried it up to the castle. The thestrals weren't there either, which was slightly annoying, because he knew he had a long walk up. But at least he had Hermione chatting away to him.

"Draco?"

"Yes Hermione?"

"Thank you."

They walked hand in hand, right up to Potter and Weasel. Harry and Ron, as he should probably start calling them. Oh well, rules are made to be broken.

"Potter, Weasel," he drawled.

"Malfoy," Ron menaced.

"Draco! I told you not to call them names!" Hermione playfully scolded.

"Oh so you're calling the ferret by his first name as well as holding his hand now? You're befriending the enemy?" Weasel said, sounding enraged.

"Oh shush Ronald! My boyfriend really isn't the enemy," she laughed. Draco liked the sound of that. Boyfriend.

"You're dating Malfoy?" Potter piped up.

"Did she not tell you? It's been quite a while, hasn't it darling," he said innocently, turning to Hermione.

"Its been about two months, we started dating during the summer which is why I never visited the burrow. Ginny already knows, of course. We met at a harbour in the moonlight and, well, he asked me to be his girlfriend," Hermione smiled, sounding ecstatic. He would get her back for making him sound all romantic.