Chapter 12

Ten's POV

Well, I just screwed up. Maybe double screwed up. Or possibly triple?

Point is, I just did something that I definitely wasn't supposed to do, and there might be consequences. What was I thinking when I asked Yeona if she wanted to see my art?

Alright, I'll admit it, I got too excited.

First, the picture is literally from my Instagram. If Yeona's an NCTzen, she's probably seen that picture before. It's all over the internet. Although, her reaction doesn't have me too concerned. Maybe she just has no idea who NCT is.

Anyways, I also exposed myself and my fake name. I obviously signed the drawing as "Ten", which looks nothing like "Tae". Assuming that Yeona doesn't know who I am yet, she's probably extremely confused right now.

And finally, it led to discussion about my career. That was supposed to be avoided at all costs, but you can't blame her for making the comment of "you could totally be an artist". Yeah, I'm flattered, but I need to be more careful with keeping my career a secret.

I look down at my phone and see that she's responded to my previous text.

Me
thank youuu
i would definitely study art if i didn't have my current job tho

Yeona
ah yeah

From what I've seen so far, though, Yeona seems like a very nice person. Sure, she was a little awkward at first with her formal texting, but that got fixed really quickly.

She's not pushing me for any private information either. She didn't even ask what I did for a living and instead let my comment slide, which I'm grateful for. I'm telling her what I feel comfortable saying right now, and it's making this quite enjoyable.

I brush my worries off and slip back into the conversation.

Me
so do you have any hobbies?

Yeona
hm I'm a boring person
ig just art and maybe piano

Me
ooo cool

Yeona
how about u?

This time, I actually think about what I'm going to say. Do I trust Yeona enough to tell her some of my actual hobbies, or am I going to make up some random stuff to tell her?

The answer is yes. Maybe I'm trusting her too easily, as I only started talking to her yesterday afternoon.. But she seems like someone who wouldn't go off and expose me and WayV.

Then again, I'm 90 percent sure she doesn't even know who I am. I haven't come up with a whole secret identity, other than "Tae", which I came up with in a split second. Yet she hasn't shown any sign of recognizing me.

Alright, I'll just be honest.

Me
hm i really like singing and dancing
oh and art
and training Louis and Leon

Yeona
oiii nice
they can do tricks?
Luna would never lol

Me
mhm
Louis and Leon will do anything for food

Yeona
hm I've never actually tried with Luna
idk never thought about training her

Me
i can help u some time if u want

I read over that last message again, cringing a little. I do this playfully all the time with the NCT members, it just feels sort of weird with Yeona.

The three dots in the bottom left corner appear, then disappear, then appear, and disappear again. If she starts ignoring me because of that message, I'm going to be pretty upset-

Yeona
sure that would be cool

I breathe a sigh of relief, calming down a little. Alright, not gonna try that again.

"Ten? Why are you smiling at your phone?" a voice asks. I turn around in surprise and see that Lucas has woken up. I was so invested into the conversation that I may or may not have completely forgotten that he was in the room.

An excuse quickly slips out of my mouth. "Uh, watching a funny video that the Dreamies posted the other day."

He shakes his head, not buying it, although he does seem to be considering the excuse. "Yeah, sure. Does this have anything to do with the person you were talking to yesterday? Or the one you were writing to?"

"No, I swear, it was just the Dreamies," I respond convincingly.

"Alright then," he shrugs, leaving the room with a yawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

relationship development? :o

(may or may not have accidentally published this last night and unpublished but we can forget that happened-)

Thanks for reading!