Chapter 30

Ten's POV

Not gonna lie, I'm having a really good time right now. I just showed Yeona my shamelessly huge treasure trove of cat treats, which might have made her suspicious of my career, but I really don't care right now.

She seems just as impressed by Luna's skills as I am. Now that I feel like she's loosened up a bit around me, I can comfortably make random jokes, such as the ones about Luna's possible favoritism towards me.

"Here, I'll show you Louis and Leon's whole routine of cat tricks," I suggest, a little excited to display and show off the skills of my cats. She nods, pulling Luna into her lap so she doesn't try to steal the cat treats from my hand.

My two cats are seated in front of me, their eyes fixed on my hand. Their hunger for the treats is pretty obvious. You guys had better not embarrass me, I think.

I start breaking the treat into little pieces with the two attacking my hands and pacing about, impatient to get started so they can eat. I turn towards Yeona, who's watching with interest. "As you can see, they like to eat. A lot."

"Yeah, cats really just live to eat and sleep," she responds. "And get showered in love, because we still adore them anyways."

"Exactly," I respond, completely agreeing with her words. "Okay, here we go." I turn towards Louis first, holding my hand out for him. "Paw. Now other paw." Louis performs the tricks flawlessly, while Leon tries to get in the way so he can go first.

I let Louis have his snack, then continue to Leon, making him perform a series of tricks. "Turn... Sit... High five." These tricks, too, are performed well.

"Wow, pretty impressive," Yeona laughs. She looks down at Luna in her lap. "I think Luna is taking note of these tricks or something."

I nod, letting Louis go through the same set of tricks and rewarding him with his treats. Then we do a quick review of "down", which they recently learned, before getting the new trick. "Alright, they probably aren't too good at this one, but we'll see."

With that, I turn towards the two, making a finger gun shape and saying "bang". My cats stare at me, not listening.

"Bang," Yeona repeats after me, doing the same action. To my surprise, the two of them lower themselves to the floor, then look up at me for a treat.

I stare at her in surprise, laughing when I see her own shocked look. "Wait, how did you do that? Our cats might really be sick of us. We might have to trade."

"I have no idea," she responds, her eyes wide. "Luna listens to you, while Louis and Leon listen to me. What even is this?"

"I don't know, but you'd better teach me your ways," I laugh, still in amazement of her skills. Before I can think about it, I add, "One day they're going to become so biased that we're going to have to either switch pets or live together." Once the words are out of my mouth, I freeze, realizing what I just said.

Luckily, Yeona doesn't seem too affected by them. "Yeah, that would be funny."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh dude he's flirting (and a little awkwardly too)-

Thanks for reading!