Chapter 44

Ten's POV

"The first step is to find somewhere we can relocate her. I think we should just find a random café that's a decent distance away from here," Hendery suggests with no hesitation.

For once, we all agree with his idea. Kun, who has been staring at his phone for the past minute, points to a location about half an hour away. "This one looks good. When should we take the picture to convince Haeyoung that she's at the wrong café?"

"Can we do it now? I mean, we don't have anything to do today, right?" Xiaojun asks, as if he can't wait to put the plan into action. 

With a nod from Chunmei, the course of action has been decided. "I mean, you're on break. If you really want to spend over an hour driving to a café to take a picture, go ahead."

"Yeah, that's exactly what we want to do!" Lucas exclaims, pumping a fist into the air. His words send us into another fit of cheering and chaos. Even Yeona throws a pillow at Yangyang, probably as revenge for bringing a balloon into her apartment.

She seems to be decently used to our spontaneity by now, because she doesn't look that surprised. "Should I come along?"

"I mean... you can come along if you want to," I respond. "Actually, we'd kinda prefer it if you came with us, so we can discuss the plan, you know... But if you have something to do, it's alright for you to go do that."

"What do you mean, 'we', you're the one-"

"Be quiet, Yangyang," Kun says, shutting our maknae up. "Yeah, Yeona, it's up to you, but you're always welcome to join us."

After considering this for a moment, Yeona nods. "I'll come along."

~Time Skip~

"This is the place," Chunmei announces, parking the car. I glance out the window and see that we've arrived at the cafe.

The whole car ride was basically just me talking to Yeona and explaining some K-pop things to her, all the way from SM to NCT. I'm pretty sure that I missed some things, but I did my best at it, especially with WayV being loud behind us.

"This should be pretty straightforward, right?" I ask as we pile out of the car. "We can just order something and sit down, and then Yeona takes a creepy picture of us and we leave."

Kun nods. "Yeah, that's the plan." With his words, we walk into the café, looking as casual as possible. Thankfully, the workers here seem quite chill with no Haeyoungs.

I think for a moment, then turn towards Yeona. "Do you want me to order something for you?"

She turns her attention away from the drink that she's obviously staring at. With slight hesitation in her voice, she responds, "Uh, I'm fine-"

"Alright, I'll order something for you," I decide. One by one, we make our orders, with me ordering a drink for Yeona, the one that she was looking at earlier.

Once they're ready, the eight of us seat ourselves at a row of tables. Kun points to a table a short distance away from us. "You can sit there if you want, and then do it."

We pretend to be talking with one another and enjoying the food while Yeona does her work and snaps a picture of us.

"Alright, I got it," Yeona announces, holding her phone out and allowing us to crowd around it.

"That's perfect. I didn't know you were a photographer," I laugh, admiring the photo. It looks exactly like something that would be taken by a random stranger who's trying not to attract attention to themselves.

Then we return to the dorm, excited for the next step.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a;slkdfjkjd i cant wait to get rid of haerat-

Thanks for reading!