Chapter 35

Yeona's POV

I dare say that the shift I worked today was the worst shift I've ever had. The whole time, Haeyoung was just being the most annoying person I've ever had to deal with. And that's not even an exaggeration.

Seriously, the girl wasn't doing anything without complaining and still had the audacity to try and nag me, the cashier who was just trying to keep things up and running.

Luckily, my shift did finally end and I was able to get out. I feel bad for all of my coworkers who have to deal with her, especially the ones that work full day. I can't imagine having to work with that girl for more than just an afternoon.

I lowkey want to get rid of her on behalf of everyone, but I shouldn't jump into things too quickly. But, if things ever get too bad, though, I will not hesitate to get her fired.

Her interesting question that was being asked at the door is still in the back of my mind. I have no idea what it means and why she's looking for 7 guys, but I have a really bad feeling about the search for those guys. I feel bad for them, even if I don't know them.

This is all stuff that I'm not fully giving my attention to. I still can't get my mind off Tae and his friends. I really did enjoy getting to know them, but of course, I managed to chicken out. Perks of not talking to people, am I right?

I enter my apartment to the sight of Luna at the window. Surprise surprise, she's still dutifully there. If only I was so dedicated to everything that I do.

"Lunaaa," I call, walking over to her. "When are you going to give me attention? Come on, acknowledge the human who brought you to meet your new friends yesterday, at least."

Of course, she doesn't care about my presence at all. I sigh, quickly giving up and deciding to start making dinner.

~Time Skip~

Now that I'm done eating and have finished all of my tasks for the day, it's time for my evening of unproductiveness. Again.

Of course, my indecisive self has to take a few minutes just to decide what to do. And, not surprisingly, I start unconsciously gravitating towards my phone. I don't even know why I'm surprised at this point.

I swear, my whole life is starting to revolve around Tae. I mean, since my life sort of revolves around Luna, I need to talk to her owner to that she can play with Louis and Leon. Yes.

Me
hmmm hello

Again, his response is immediate. And again, I question why I'm even surprised. At this point, I've concluded that Tae either camps by his phone all day or has his notifications at the maximum volume.

Tae
heyyy
how was ur day

Me
it was alright

Tae
why alright?-

Me
idk there's this super annoying person named Haeyoung who I have to work with-
idek how to describe her

Yes, normally I wouldn't be so open about my problems, but I'm fine with telling them to Tae.

Tae
well then-
that aint good

Me
exactly
doesn't give off great vibes
anyways how was ur day?

Tae
hmmm it was good
oh also what did you think of my friends?

I have a weird feeling that he's referring to my sudden departure earlier in the day. It's pretty nice of him to ask about it, and I hope he doesn't think that I didn't enjoy meeting them.

Me
they're actually really cool
just uh kinda-

Tae
chaotic

Me
yes exactly

Tae
yeah I get that-

Me
i'd love to get to know them tho
they're really nice

Tae
yeah
wait one sec one of them is calling for me-

Me
sure

I let out a small sigh of relief, hoping that he got my message and understands that I'm just being antisocial and have absolutely nothing against his friends.

Tae
HELLOOO

I tilt my head to the side, noticing that this doesn't seem like Tae's usual texting style.

Tae
WE HAVE HIS PHONE HAHA
CAN WE COME MEET LUNA TOMORROW?

I laugh, realizing that this is, indeed, not Tae, but one his his "chaotic" friends. Or maybe more than one of them. Anyways, this whole situation is sort of amusing.

Me
sure why not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow I wonder who stole his phone-

Thanks for reading!