059 Journey (2)

We played a lot together.

It was fun. Unfortunately, our fun was cut short by some uninvited guests. Five people, clothed in all white approached dad and mom. Clearly, they were from some political organization.

"You two... Where are you from?" the man in the front who looked like the leader of the gang asked. They didn't see us kids at the bottom of the hill. They saw mom and dad since they were sitting close to the top of the hill.

"Who wants to know?" Dad replied with another question.

"I am the youth wing secretary of the Vagamon branch of xxxx," he replied proudly.

"We are from Pala," dad replied with the name of a town that was a bit far from our place.

"Don't you have any place there to flirt around?" the uninvited guest asked rudely.

Mom's face darkened.

"Moral policing? In this fine morning, don't you have anything better to do than bothering a husband and wife?" dad asked.

"Husband and wife? Do you think we will believe it? Show your marriage certificate."

"It doesn't matter whether we are married or not. What you are doing is illegal. Even if we are not husband and wife, you have no authority to police us. If you bother us anymore, I will call the police," mom threatened the guy.

"Police? Do you know who I am? Threatening to call the police when you are caught red-handed? If you have the courage then-"

"Please stop ruining our day. Our kids are there. This is my wife. So please leave us alone. Furthermore, stop moral policing. None of your leaders will come to save you when you are caught by the police," dad didn't want any trouble.

"Kids?" the rude guy finally noticed us.

"Are you their kids?" he asked us just to be sure.

"Whose? That uncle and aunty's?" Anuchi replied with an innocent face.

This little devil!

"Uncle and aunty? Why are you with them if they are not your parents?" fortunately, he didn't believe it right away.

"They... gave ice cream," Piya answered with an even more innocent face.

This tiny devil!

I don't know whether I am worried or happy about it. But this tiny devil is growing up exactly like her elder sister.

"YOU..." this time, the rude guy believed it. Even in his wildest dreams he would never expect such a tiny kid to lie. He turned to mom and dad as if he caught a pair of human traffickers.

Dad sighed.

"Just search 'Philip KDF' if you want to know who I am," dad told the rude guy. Dad was tired of it and didn't want to drag it anymore.

Before the rude guy could retort, one of his lackeys came forward and murmured something in his ear. He hesitated for a bit. In the end, he took out his mobile phone played with it for a few seconds.

His face slowly turned pale. Clearly, he finally recognized dad. He never would have thought that the random husband and wife he decided to bully would turn out to be one of the most sought after politicians in the state.

Although KDF was still a small party contesting in just 7 out of 140 seats in the state, all the rival parties wanted to make ties with dad. They were all waiting for the election result. If KDF wins enough votes or seats, then everyone will be queueing to form allies. This was a publicly known fact.