026 Makeover

Do you know what's worse than a clueless ghost?

An evil naughty kid who knows how to manipulate it.

"To become a proper ghost, you must look threatening. So first let's start by changing your appearance." Anu started to makeover the ghost.

"First, you need long hair that reaches your butt." Anu started her job.

"Done." The ghost had no difficulty changing her physical appearance.

"Now you need long canines."

"Done."

"Red eyes."

"Done."

Anu indeed did a good job. The young ghost now looked a bit threatening.

"Now a red tail with a pointed end."

"What? Why do I need a tail?"

"Haven't you ever seen pictures of devils?"

"Yes..."

"They look dangerous with tail and horn."

"Mmm... Ok."

I was having trouble controlling my laughter. The first part of the makeover was indeed good. But then Anu started adding her own modifications and the ghost looked like the boss villain from cartoons.

Then Anu made her do many tricks. She made the poor ghost fly in circles and act cute. Anu was laughing hysterically all the time.

At first, I felt sorry for the poor ghost. Then I realized that the ghost was actually playing along to make Anu laugh. After I realized the truth, my evaluation of the ghost was raised. But at the same time, the earlier argument between them was real. It wasn't any acting.

"Tomorrow, I will take you to my school. Then we can scare my classmates and teacher." Anu giggled as she devised a new evil plan.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I can't go far away from the clock." The ghost helplessly replied.

"Then let's take the clock with us."

"Hahaha... The clock is bigger than you."

"That's bad. I really wanted to take you around. I have a lot of people to beat up."

"We can do that in the future. If the clock is destroyed, then I will be free."

"Then let's do that. I can reach the clock if I put a chair on a table and ..."

"Definitely not happening." The ghost outright vetoed Anu's idea.

"Anything that involves a chair and the clock is a big no-no. You have no idea how much I suffered because of it." The ghost started telling her story.

"My parents hated the clock as it was the reason for my death. So they threw it in the attic and ignored it for decades. This is an old key winding clock. So once it was abandoned, it stopped working and I got stuck inside. I was stuck inside the clock for decades."

"It was really horrible. There were lots of dust and rats visited the clock on daily basis. My ghost life reached its lowest point when a rat decided to give birth inside the clock."

"It was already cramped and then the rat family joined me. You have no idea how bad it smelled with all the rat pee." The poor ghost pinched its nose as it narrated its sad story.

At the same time, Anu was giggling non-stop. She was a child and she was completely insensitive. I wanted to smack her stupid head more than once.

"Anyway, recently someone found the clock and sold it to that shopkeeper. He repaired it and the clock started working. So I pulled some pranks. The next day, you people came in and he sold the clock to your father."

"Huh... That uncle needs a beating for selling us a haunted clock with a ghost who lived with rats."

"Hey... I can hear you." The ghost was angry after hearing the insults from Anu.

The two girls continued chatting and playing.

Like any other kid, Anu was happy to act as a teacher and play classroom. Naturally, Doodu,  the ghost, me and the bone became her students. The ghost got punished for laughing in class and I got punished for pooping in class.

In between, mom got punished for entering class without permission. After seeing what a tyrant she was while acting as a teacher, I felt bad for her classmates.

________________________________

I got a very good response for the previous chapter. So I am releasing an extra chapter.

Please comment and vote.