74

"So does that make sense sweet boy?"

"I think so" Louis replied, scrunching up his nose, looking slightly confused.

"Yeah? Well you can ask us anything, you know that, and we'll explain it all to little Lou too." Liam contributed, making Louis blush bright red at the mention of his little side.

The one thing they hadn't really been able to properly address was his embarrassment of his little side when he was out of headspace. It was starting to become an issue how embarrassed and shy he became around them, and they were working on getting him more comfortable in and out of headspace. The only way to do so of course, pulling him out when possible.

"So like ... will I ... never mind" Louis mumbled, blushing as he played with Harry's fingers.

"No darling, what did you want to ask?" Zayn asked him, stroking his onesie covered leg as Louis, embarrassed, turned into Harry's chest, clearly seeking comfort.

Harry happily obliged, kissing the top of his head as Louis shoved his face into the crook of his neck, relaxing slightly when Harry strayed rubbing his back.

Louis mumbled something into Harry's shoulder which, try as they might, none of them could really make out.

"Speak up a little bit darling, yeah?" Harry encouraged, eliciting a slight whine from him, a sign he was close to his headspace again.

The boys weren't really surprised, it was difficult enough for a little to transition between heads aces unexpectedly, and Louis was bound to be feeling a bit stressed.

"When like, you're on the ... um ... stage, where will I be?" Louis finally asked.

Trying not to coo at his adorable question, Liam tried to ease his nerves slightly.

"Well, we have a very large security team, and we've assigned a team to you. The main man, Paul, is brilliant, you're just going to love him!" Liam promised.

Louis frowned slightly, still fiddling with Harry's fingers as he thought it over.

"But what if I'm ... what if I'm still little? That'll be embarrassing Li!" Louis protested, clearly worried about it.

"Darling there's nothing to be embarrassed about. Paul is one of our favourite off the team, and you'll meet him several times, small and big, before he looks after you without one of us there. I promise there's nothing to worry about lovey." Zayn assured him, before Louis sniffled slightly, on the verge of tears.

"Oh darling come here, you're okay" Zayn cooed, holding his arms out as Louis flung himself onto his lap.

"I'm sorry I don't know why I'm crying!" Louis whimpered as Zayn dabbed at his cheeks with a tissue.

"That's okay angel, I think it was just a little much today. We'll talk to you about it again another time baby."

Louis was content just to snuggle into Zayn, falling asleep on his lap after a few minutes.

It was a difficult conversation for him so the boys weren't worried. His emotions were always all over the place when he'd just come out of headspace, but they'd needed to at least introduce the idea to him as soon as possible. It wasn't an issue, once he had time to think about it properly he'd be okay. And the tears were clearly just him fighting his headspace again.

~

The conversation with little Louis went much better than expected though, Louis bouncing about happily as he asked all sorts of questions.

"And a pwane?!" Louis squealed, as Niall kissed his cheeks, making him giggle.

"So many planes! You're going to have so much fun!"

"And a twain?" Louis asked cutely.

"No sweetie, we've got a big bus, with your own little room!" Niall told him, explaining it as simply as he could.

"A room on a bus?" Louis asked in a confused voice, sticking his fingers in his mouth, Niall immediately removing them and replacing with a dummy.

"Yeah baby, you'll have your crib and tons of toys!" Niall promised.

Louis smiled around his pink dummy, and pointed to his toybox.

"Wow aren't you clever! You want to play with daddy for a bit before we meet Paul?"

"M'kay daddy, I be the twain though?" Louis asked, climbing off his lap and waddling over to his toybox.

They'd changed him to slightly thicker diapers, as the little was a lot more energetic now, and needed that bit of extra support. An added bonus was seeing how adorable he looked with a slight waddle in his step now.

"You sure can baby, maybe daddy Harry should be the policeman too?" Niall joked, Harry rolling his eyes in response, just as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it then" Zayn mumbled, dragging himself up off the couch when neither Harry nor Niall made a move to get it, Liam out grocery shopping.

"Not like I haven't been up all night" Zayn grumbled, taking one last swig of his coffee before heading to the door, ready to finally introduce Paul to Louis.

AN:

Think you can all see where this is going!

Hope everyone's alright :)