33

Zayn carried Louis up to the nursery after he'd finished his bottle, rubbing his back gently to calm him down.

Zayn knew Louis just needed to cry it out though, it was natural for him to feel a bit overwhelmed. After all there was a lot of change happening.

Louis was probably quite tired anyways which wouldn't be helping him, his emotions all over the place at the minute.

Zayn cooed at Louis' sniffles and teary eyes, running his hand through the fluffy hair, hoping to sooth him enough that he'd be able to fall asleep.

Zayn gently repositioned Louis, sitting down carefully on the rocking chair in the corner, with Louis curled up on his lap.

A fluffy blanket was placed on top of Louis, who smiled at Zayn appreciatively.

Zayn gently rocked the chair, grinning as he felt Louis begin to relax and snuggle into him.

"You okay now Lou?" He murmured after a couple of minutes.

Louis jumped at the slight noise, making Zayn frown and cuddle him closer.

"M'sorry, just didn't like it" He whispered into Zayns chest, who struggled to hear him.

"That's okay baby, it'll take a bit of time for you to adjust to everything yeah? Sure you'll get used to it in no time love." He replied, stroking the fringe off of Louis face.

Louis shrugged, clearly not wanting to think about it anymore.

Zayn reached over to the table next to him, understanding Louis' tiredness and reluctancy to talk.

"The Very Hungry Caterpillar or Goodnight Moon?" Zayn asked him, holding both out in front of him. The boys were hoping that by giving him more choices, he'd start to feel more confident in himself, and around them all.

"Ummm..." Louis looked at both the covers, before hesitantly pointing towards the Goodnight Moon book.

"Or the other one, I don't mind." He declared after a moments thought, Zayn frowning at his words.

Louis' anxiety was clear in nearly everything he did, something as simple as choosing a bedtime book evoking such fear in him that he'd pick the wrong thing.

It would take a while they knew for Louis to be comfortable around them, and one of the many things they needed to address was his anxiety.

"No that's a great choice Lou, good job baby!" Zayn praised, quick to reassure Louis he hadn't done anything wrong in picking one out to read.

Zayn started reading to him slowly, the book in front of him so he could see the pictures.

It didn't take too long for Louis to start falling asleep, Zayns calming voice allowing him to drift off.

He was almost fully asleep by the time the book was finished, letting out a small involuntary whine as Zayn moved him to his crib.

"Oh I know I'm sorry sweetheart, just getting you comfy" Zayn cooed, laying him down in the crib.

Louis closed his eyes again almost immediately when his head touched the pillow, Zayn kissing the top of his head and tucking him in gently.

The nightlight was turned on before he left, and the baby monitor checked as Zayn quietly closed the nursery door.

AN: Trying something a bit different for the next chapter and doing it from Zayns POV - let me know if you'd like to see their individual ones more or just stick to Louis, thanks for reading!