51.

Song recommendation: Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
-

I woke up with a pounding in my head. It was like there were thousands of tiny little people on the inside of my skull, having a heavy metal rock concert. I could barely open my eyes. I probably wouldn't have if I didn't have an upbeat, hyper-positive, boyfriend bursting into the room while I was still in bed.

"Good morning my dearest!" He smoothly slid into the hotel room with something in his hands.

I only groaned in response. I wasn't ready for it to be morning already. I wanted to go to sleep for another twelve hours.

I felt the bed dip beside me. Niall wiggled his way up on his side. I could smell that he'd just had a shower.

"I brought you breakfast." He patted my back lightly. "You need to eat something."

I turned my head to look at him. He had a blue plastic tray sitting on his lap with a plethora of breakfast options. Particularly sweet breakfast options.

"Froot Loops? Waffles? Really?" I frowned. I thought that he had caught on that I didn't like sweet things very much.

"Those are for me." He picked up a bowl that had been hidden behind the other dishes. "I brought you fruit salad."

"That's-"

"Your favourite. I know." He nodded. "I listen."

"Thank you." I tried to push myself up. Niall helped me by bracing my forearms. I sat up in the bed, finding it very hard to breath with my chest still wrapped.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling? Should I take you to the hospital? Because I can do that if it's what you need." Niall hounded me with questions as soon as I showed any signs of weakness.

"Can we not talk about my injuries? Just at least for breakfast?" I looked at him with a plea in my eyes.

His expression softened from worried, to sympathy.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Of course."

"Great." I reached over for my bowl of assorted fruits. "Did you bring anything to drink?"

"You could drink that flat grape soda over there." He nodded to the purple can on my nightstand. I gave him a weird look. "I'm just kidding. Apple or cranberry?" He held up two glasses of juice.

"Cranberry please."

"Good choice girlie." He gave me the crimson red liquid.

I liked when he called me girlie. It was cute. It made me feel fuzzy inside.

"You know, this is what I ate on our first date." I told him as I took a bite of a strawberry.

"Our first date?" He shoveled a spoonful of Froot Loops into his mouth.

"I mean, not officially our first date, but when you bought me breakfast on my birthday."

"Oh yeah." He remembered. "You count that as our first date?"

"We've got nothing else." I shrugged, feeling soreness in my shoulders. "That's the only time we've been out as Niall and Philly, not Nate and Bella."

"Hm..." He thought for a moment. "How about we count this as our first date? Niall and Philly, breakfast in the hotel."

"Okay." I nodded. "I like that."

"Perfect." He looked into my bowl. "Mind sparing a grape?"

"You've got a whole ass waffle to eat." I cocked an eyebrow.