76.

Song recommendation: Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
-

I guess this is it.

Neither Niall nor I slept much the night after we'd gone on our date to the Rockefeller Center to go ice skating. We'd returned to the organization at an ungodly hour after roaming the streets of Manhattan, reminiscing on the days when we used to simply just catch bad guys on the street. We would win every single time, but soon our winning streak may be demolished.

As I laid in bed that night, I stared at the ceiling and wondered if I had just gone on my last date with Niall. I wasn't a psychic, I didn't possess the power of a third eye, or a crystal ball; all I had was my wit, and my instincts. I had a bad feeling. This was my very first storm on a major operation, and it could potentially be my last. I felt underprepared. Sure, I knew exactly where I needed to be, and I knew exactly where every other officer would be, but that meant nothing if the other side threw us a curveball. If Louis was a leak into the operation, we had no idea what he could've possibly told them, and that terrified me.

Niall and I were meant to sleep in separate beds the night before the wedding, as couples traditionally do. But as we've gone over, Niall and I aren't actually getting married, and if there was ever a night where we needed each other, tonight was that night.

I was stationed in our wing, feeling lonely in the silence. Usually Niall was there, making some kind of noise. That boy was always making noise. It was something I'd initially hated about him when we'd first met, but over time his lack of silence was comforting in the strangest of ways. He was meant to be staying with Harry for the night, and I was not completely thrilled with that.

My silence was disturbed when there was a tapping sound on the window. I bolted upright in the bed, scared out of my skin. There were no trees that could brush up against the window, and it was too late for there to be birds on the windowsill, which meant only one thing- there was a person at my window.

I stood corrected as I floated to the window in my sleep-like manner. I rubbed my eyes before unlocking the window, whatever was behind it would be no more danger to me than the day I had ahead of me. As the window flew open, two frigid figures fell into the room, causing me to stumble backwards onto the bed. As the two men stood up, I let out a breath of relief. The only thing I was in danger of, was being annoyed to death.

"Good evening M'lady." Harry gave me a formal bow.

"What?" I squinted at him.

"It's your wedding night, I thought I'd be at least a little bit nice to you." He rubbed his hands together to warm them up.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at Niall who had sat down beside me on the bed.

"We thought you would get lonely up here on your own." He looked at me with loving eyes, left over from our date.

"Actually, Niall was about to shit his pants because he thought you'd be sad." Harry leaned up against the wall.

"I did not." Niall scoffed.

"Did too." Harry nodded, looking over to me. "We didn't want you to spend this night alone." He admitted, one of the first times I'd seen Styles be dead serious.

"You don't have coats on." I noticed as Niall was still in his black long sleeved shirt from earlier, and Harry was sporting an olive green coloured sweatshirt.

"Forgot." Harry shrugged. The red tip of his nose proved that he was frozen.

"You guys will kill yourselves before any of the psychopaths here do." I let out a stuffy laugh.