71.*

Song recommendation: Kiss you inside out by Hedley
-
I know y'all see that little star. I know you know what that means. I know you know the drill. I know you know that if you know me, no you don't!

Enjoy ;)

-

The day I noticed both Zara and Tomlinson were missing, I immediately told Niall, and demanded that he pick me up that night. He was unsure, but I needed to know where they were, and if they could be putting us in danger. I had to be sure how to stop this issue before it spun out of control.

I cleaned up the remainder of Niall's house as I waited for him to arrive. I got like that when I was impatient. I was what you would call a stress cleaner. If you left me alone for long enough, I'd clean your entire house for you if you'd let me. It's not that I enjoyed cleaning that much, but it was something easy that I could control. Isn't that all that anybody ever wants, control? My entire life felt out of control, if cleaning a house made me feel satisfied, I would take it.

I had just sat down in front of the fireplace when there were knocks at the front door. The pattern repeated itself, then I realized it was morse code.

N-I-A-L-L

I jumped up and scurried to the door. My fuzzy teddy bear slippers slid against the hard floors. I was dressed like I was ready for bed, which I was. I was expecting Niall to take me straight to the McBride's and we could go straight to bed. My outfit consisted of fuzzy blue polar bear pajama pants, and Niall's NYPD hoodie. Obviously I was going to take off the hoodie before we left. I would be an idiot to bring that anywhere near the organization.

I opened the back door and a gush of cold December air rushed in, making me shiver. Standing in the frigid air was my boy, with rosy cheeks and messy hair. He looked freezing.

"Hi honey." Niall shivered.

"What are you doing?" I scolded him. "Don't stand out there. Come inside." I pulled him into the house, where he dragged in snow all over the floor. "Why wouldn't you just come in? It's your house."

"I didn't want to scare you." He wiped his nose on the sleeve of his jacket.

"I was expecting you." I gave him a disappointed look.

"I would never want you to be scared." He tilted his head, letting a breath out.

"Thanks then." I fiddled with the ring on my finger. "I just have a few things to grab from upstairs and then we can go." I turned to run up the stairs, but Niall grabbed the back of my sweater and pulled me back to him before I could leave. He had pulled me back into him, then wrapped his arms around me from behind, pressing his body up against my back.

"No need for that dear." He said quietly into my ear. "I told them I'd be gone until morning."

"You... what?" My heart pounded in my chest.

"I wanted to hold up to my promise." He kissed my cheek. "One night in for us."

"We can work on planning our fake wedding." I laughed softly.

"Mmm I had other plans." He muttered.

"You did?" I smirked as his cold chin rested on my shoulder. "Like what Mr. Horan?"

"I'd tell you, but I wouldn't want to spoil the fun Miss Carter." He teased me.

"I told you not to call me that." I reminded him.

"Sorry, Detective Carter."

"Mhm I like that better." I nodded. "Miss makes me sound lower than you."