【Chapter 8】

Callum hid in the kitchen with his back to the wall as Patrick opened the door, "hello Patrick, have you seen Callum by any chance?" Clay asked. "Uh no? I haven't seen him in a while, have you?" Patrick asked. "No" Clay lied with a bit of an annoyed tone.

"I'll find him soon, don't you worry" Clay said with a bit of malice at the don't you worry. He thinks i read the books, there must be something in them if he's that defensive over them. Callum thought, "oh i hope you do i'm a little worried" Patrick sighed.

"Oh i will" Clay said, Callum could hear the sound of his footsteps as he walked away, he waited until they disappeared completely. Patrick closed the door as Callum emerged from his hiding place, "holy shit dude, you must've found something he didn't want you to" Patrick said.

"Those books, I think that's why he's trying to find me. I reached for one when he came in, and it's the only explanation I can think of. Besides the pictures of George of course" Callum said he hadn't realized he'd started shaking till Patrick laid a hand on his shoulder. "Callum... are you alright? you're shaking" Patrick said in a calm voice.

Callum couldn't stop the tears from coming, he started trembling even more before he burst into tears. "Oh Callum..." Patrick said, hugging Callum, Callum cried into Patrick's shoulder. Even though Patrick was rude he was always there for Callum when he needed him, Callum had started seeing Patrick as his older brother.

Patrick was thirty two while Callum was twenty nine, "let's sit down and talk about it" Patrick sighed, Callum nodded in agreement. Patrick led Callum to the dining room, he had never actually been in Patrick's house before. The walls were a deep forest green, the floors were dark oak, and the windows were covered in black curtains.

Patrick sat down and gestured for Callum too as well, he did as offered and sat down. "So explain it to me Callum What happened? Why is Clay chasing you?" Patrick asked, Callum was silent. But Patrick was patient, he waited for Callum to be alright he knew his emotions were all over the place, so he waited.

They were there for almost ten minutes before Callum's breath steadied, "are you ok now?" Patrick questioned, Callum nodded breathing in then out. "So go ahead, what happened?" Patrick asked, Callum sighed, "well, it started when Wilbur came into camp. When you guys walked off he told me to initiate phase one. I did".

"Uh huh?" Patrick said willing him to go on, Callum sighed again trying to keep his composure. "Phase one was to find a gem Clay had gotten ahold of, Wilbur wanted it back. So I was snooping around his office, and I found a bunch of papers an alpha would usually have but ...."

"But?" Patrick asked. "I found something else, when I was looking through the papers on the bookshelf I realized a pattern with them. They all had something similar on them. On them were..." Callum looked slightly uncomfortable. "On them were many pictures of... George" Callum finally spat out, he looked like he was about to throw up.

Callum's breath had begun to shake again, "I put the back and was looking at the books, I realized each of them had names on them. There was one for me, you, Schlatt, Quackity, and even wolves from Blood Pack, Wilbur was even there.

"That's extremely concerning" Patrick sighed "and that's not all... when I reached for one it's like he knew I was there he caught me. My senses are better than normal werewolves, but it's like he wasn't even there" Callum explained. "How?" Patrick asked, "I have no clue but whatever it is we need to take Clay down. He's just going to get in the way" Callum stated. Patrick agreed with him. "But the thing is Callum, are you afraid to get your hands dirty?" Patrick questioned.

"no"

Words - 674