【Chapter 24】

Soft knocks on the door woke Dream from his sleep. He groaned in anger "go away" he growled, "i'm not leaving until you come out of that room mister, Wilbur has asked for your presence" Alyssa snapped. "Fine" Dream growled, he heard Alyssa give a triumphant humph.

Dream stood up and stretched; he looked at the alarm clock on his bedside table. Three fifty read on the clock, "GAH!" he screamed realizing the time.

He struggled with his suit which had been tailored to him days before. There was a party that Wilbur was hosting, so he had a suit tailored to him so he could attend. He called it the Red Banquet, apparently Ponk named it. And though red wasn't really his color he looked amazingly good in it. The suit itself was red with a black tie.

He picked up the mask which Karl had fashioned for him. The mask had an intricate design to it, the mask was cut to resemble leaves in a frame it had vines dripping from it. Red vines, how they had managed to find them was a question he considered asking. He'd never seen red vines before. He grabbed the contacts off the table and slid them in as he admired their now red color through the mirror he slid the mask over his eyes. It covered his freckles though they were barely visible anyway.

   He sighed and stretched his arms again. And slipped on his white gloves just as another angered knock sounded. "DREAM!" Alyssa yelled, "coming" he grumbled and opened the door. "Finally, Wilbur and Schlatt are in the main room," She said, the three of them were going to help decorate for the party.

Dream nodded and ran down the hallway, "oh and you look nice!" Alyssa called to him. "Thanks!" he called back. As he made his way down the hall he heard something fall from inside the library. It was a loud thud; it sounded like a whole shelf of books fell. He turned to where Alyssa had been and realized she was gone.

He walked up to the door and slowly opened it. "God damn it!" George swore and tried to clean up the mess, he seemed to shuffle to quickly put the books back. He had a dagger on his waist. The library was expansively big and was easy to get lost in. honestly George was in a very beleaguered position. He slowly edged towards George; he willed him not to turn around. As Dream got close enough to George to grab him his shadow fell over the older. George gasped and turned around.

Dream reacted quickly and pinned George to the wall. He let out a squeal of surprise, George quickly reached for his blade. But Dream grabbed it first and threw it to the side well out of George's reach. George gasped in surprise at Dream's fast reaction. "Who are you?" George asked.

Dream chuckled "Oh George, how could you have possibly forgotten me already, it's only been a month darling" Dream laughed, George just looked confused, Dream reached for the mask and pulled it off freeing his freckles from their strangely beautiful prison.

"DREAM!" George screamed, his eyes widened in surprise. "You're alive!?" he gasped, "why are your eyes red? I liked your green eyes" George said, running his hand up to Dream's face. He leaned towards Dream's face.

"Their just contacts" Dream muttered blushing slightly as George got dangerously close to locking lips with him. Right before they kissed George pulled away a kicked Dream in the stomach so quickly he could barely comprehend what happened. George made for his dagger and grabbed it pointing it towards Dream.

"You're with them aren't you!" George snapped, placing emphasis on the word them, Dream just stared at him amused. "Don't look at me like that!" George yelled as he lunged for Dream's chest. However Dream already knew where George was going for, "Your eyes betray you darling" He said as he pinned the smaller to the ground. He threw the knife to the side and pulled George's hands behind him.

"Wilbur would love to know why you're here" Dream said with a bit of malice in his tone. "Dream!" George screamed as Dream yanked him onto his feet and dragged him out the door.