【Chapter 23】

"Hey Clay!" Sky said, running up to him, Drista, and Ross trailing behind. She and Dream had become rather close in the past week of him being there. Drista was a lot different in contrast to how she acted before she disappeared. He thought back to that day it was a grievous one.

He remembered the vast expanse his old house had sat on now it was in ruins. Burned to the ground only the scorched wood and stone remained. Dream and Drista's parents were well known assassins, they worked for people who payed high prices for someones murder.

And they never had any problems, though that day was different. Dream vaguely remembered running around with Drista, their parents watching from the side. He was unaware of the other eyes watching them play. And he wished he had been.

Before he knew what was happening his mother called him and his sister back in a panicked tone. They reluctantly took steps towards them when a bunch of armed men dropped from the trees attacked their parents, one grabbed Drista by the arm. Dream reacted swiftly by punching the man in the stomach. His mother fell in her attempts to fight, his father following. "Run Clay! Run!" she wailed, she died when the man on top of her's blade pierced her heart.

Dream horrified covered Drista's eyes before it happened. He grabbed her arm and bolted towards the forest. The men were following, "alright Drista you run left i'll run right ok we'll meet back here at sundown ok?" he said fearfully. Drista nodded equally as scared, they'd split up but when Dream went back there she didn't show up.

He hadn't seen her since. He was shaken out of the memory by Drista. "Clay!" she snapped, "are you even listening?" Drista asked. Dream shook his head, "no sorry what are we talking about?" he sighed.

"Me and Sky were just talking about going to see Rae about a new potion she made. Wanna come?" she questioned. Dream shook his head, "no thanks i have a headache and it's loud and busy out there" he stated. "Ah well see you soon then" she said smiling and followed Sky out the door.

He decided to go see Wilbur and Schlatt; they lived with Dream and Drista so he just had to walk to their room. He walked over to their room and twisted the door handle.

As the door opened he spotted Schlatt pinned against the wall by Wilbur. Whom had one hand on the wall and the other on Schlatt's waist. Both were locked in a passionate kiss. "Uh..." Dream said awkwardly.

Wilbur pulled away from Schlatt to stare at Dream, "Clay knock before you enter!" he screeched. Schlatt's face was bright red from embarrassment, "why was the door unlocked in the first place?!" he asked Wilbur.

The other didn't reply, he looked more focussed on Dream's face rather than the situation itself. Dream lifted his hand and ran his finger along his nose touching a warm liquid. He could smell the scent of blood as he stared at his now crimson tipped fingers. "Great" he sighed, walking out the room.