24

It was pretty smart of the 'missing' boys to disappear, even when they were supposed to help their friends with math homework... yeah, they did that on purpose. 

They got to hang out and maybe their friends would get along and hang out too! It was a win win idea, really..

But did it work?

* ***** **** *

"Just.. maybe, let's not go to my room" Harry mutters as they step out of Louis' car

"Uh, why not?" Louis was confused

Harry didn't want Louis to see the soft colors. He didn't want Louis to spot Harry's little rainbow flag, hung on the back of the door. Or the journal he kept on his bedside table. Or the light pink sweater and fuzzy pants that he knew were laid out neatly on his mattress, waiting for him to change into them.

"It's a mess" Harry tried to lie, but his ears turned a soft shade of pink

Louis was quite goo dat picking up on certain things.. and he definetely noticed that. but he wasn't going to say anything, so he agreed.

After all, Tomlinson thought, I don't even know Styles well enough to be in his house... but here I am.

Harry and Louis stepped into the house and the smell of batter and chocolate filled the air. As soon as the front door was shut, Harry cursed because he knew his mom was home... and he knew she would-

"Bub, I made brownies! With little rainbow sprinkles!" his mother called from the kitchen

Louis looked at the ground immediately. He was determined not to laugh at the brown haired boy anymore. Not about his hair. Not about anything.

"I- she just calls me that" Harry sighed

"My mom calls me Boo Bear. I get it" Louis said quickly

Harry nodded and looked away, thankful for the blue eyed boys' understanding

"So... want a brownie?" Harry asked as they slipped out of their shoes

* * *

The two entered awkwardly into the kitchen. Harry's mom was shocked but pretended not to be when she learned Louis Tomlinson was whom had driven Harry home, was having a brownie with her son, and was going to work on an English project with him. Harry was grateful that she wasn't mad or disapproving. 

Harry tells his mom everything. She is all he's got since his dad moved off and his sister attends a faraway college.

* * *

"Sorry to bother, boys, but I'm having my book club over in 10 minutes.. so you two will need to go up to your room" she informed as the two ate brownies and wrote more on their essay.

"Uh" Harry started

Louis grabbed Harry's wrist gently and nodded, wanting Harry to know there was nothing to be embarased over. Louis had figured Harry was embarased- like Harry was about his mum's nickname for him. So, Louis just didn't want him to change whatever his room looked like just like he cut his hair.

Louis was determined to be good to this boy, even if it would be the death of him.

So, they packed up their brownie filled plates, glass of milk, bags, and computer- and they headed up the stairs.