29

Louis pushes the bathroom door open nervously but steps in while pushing on a sheild of fake confidence

"Harry?" Louis asks

"I'm here" Harry smiles a little

Louis shuts the door and drops his backpack to the ground

"What's up?" Louis asks casually as he hops up onto the counter, only a few inches from where Harry is sat.

"Just tired of class. Don't have a car to leave in, so I come here"

"Oh" 

There was a few seconds of silence, both boys kind of awkward and shy, then Louis turned to Harry and spoke.

"Are you surprised?"

"About..?" Harry asked slowly

"Us" Louis mumbled as he pushed his fringe off his forehead and avoided eyecontact

"Well, I only ever disliked you because we were both top in class. And you're smart. You're pretty social and happy"

"are you not happy?" Louis asked, confusion clouding his other thoughts

"Uhm" Harry didn't know what to say. Louis was practically a stranger to him still.. He couldn't tell Louis the true answer, could he?

"Well.. I guess, I just meant that you're smart but you've got friends and people like you. I'm sart but considered nerdy" Harry rushed past the question with an easier definition of his original answer

"But you are... pretty alright. Your room is cool. So is your mom and her baking" Louis grins a little. Remembering the brownies his mother had made caused his mouth to water

"You like my room?" Harry asks cautiously

"Yeah. Mine's mostly white. My bed is like a cloud" 

"Oh.. sounds nice"

After a few seconds, Louis sighs and begins to talk again

"You don't need to be all tough and top of the class all the time. I see that you're not like that at home- or around Niall. And I know we're certainly not close enough for me to say this..." Louis stops again. he looks up at Harry and finds the boy listening intently with tinted pink cheeks.

"...but I think you should wear a sweater to school sometime. If you get uncomfortable, change it to an extra shirt in your bag. But... I don't know, I think it could be good for you, Styles"

* * *

The two ended up completely ditching school together. They didn't just sit around the boys' bathroom, they snuck out the front doors, all the way to Louis' car, and drove away from the place neither of them wanted to be.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked once the school was out of sight

"My house. You said my cloud-bed sounded nice, so you can see it in person." Louis answered without taking his eyes off the road

"Oh.. okay" Harry smiled a little and glanced at the radio

Louis noticed and told him he could turn it up if he wanted. So Harry did. he turned the volume up and flipped through the channels until California Girls by Katy Perrie started to play. 

Without skipping a beat, Harry started to sing along. As soon as it was over, he was giggling and clapping in excitement. Then he realized where he was as the car came to a stop outside of a nice, two story house.

He looked over at Louis, embarrassment taking over.

"You're voice is amazing! You should take choir- or like, be in a band!" Louis exclaimed 

"W-what?"

"I'm serious, Styles. Wow. I never knew you could sing like that."

"Oh.. uh, I didn't- I'm sorry. I was probably really loud.."

Louis stared at Harry. 

That moment, that one little moment right there is what changed Louis' mind completely about the boy in his car with him.

"You're apologizing for blessing my ears. Your voice is crazy good, lad. Come on, let's go inside. I'll get you a drink and some food- then you're definetely singing for me in my room"