Chapter 6

Emma's P.o.v

I turned to look at Luke who had the biggest smirk.

Man I was in trouble...

"Sooo..." he said looking at me with a bored expression. I could tell he didn't want to do it with me and I felt the exact same. The only good thing that could come out of this is Luke being to bully me more.

Which is a good thing for him, not me.

The class was already starting on the project we had to do. Me and Luke still had not moved like everyone else had. They all moved desks and moved their desks closer to start working.

The teacher started to explain what the project was on but I was too focused on the fact that my partner was Luke.

The bad boy of the school Luke Rider.

I think I heard something about history in the 1800's or something like that. I was blocking everyone out.

It still hasn't fully processed that I was partners with Like Rider.

Luke must have realized that I wasn't going to work in class cause he took out some earbuds and turned on his phone. At least I don't have to hear his annoying voice.

I sat thinking about what I should do for the whole class and still came up with nothing.

The bell rang signaling the class was over and every last kid ran out of the room like their life depended on it. I don't blame them I hate this class, and now I hate it even more.

Seconds latter and only the teacher, Luke, and I were left. Luke pulled out his earbuds and started to grab his backpack.

"So do you want to go over and work on the project at your house?" He asked while grabbing all his books.

"No!" I said without a second thought. I may have said that a little too fast... but I didn't want him coming over since my dad would be there.

I can't risk it.

He looked turned to look at me with a confused face. We stared into each others eyes for what seemed like forever before he broke eye contact.

He shook his head "Okay, let's go over to my house than" he said swinging his backpack onto his shoulders.

I shook my head in agreement.

"Let's meet outside after school" he said and started to walk out the door.

Well it's better than doing it at my house.

When he was out the door I gathered my things and walked towards the teacher. "Excuse me?" I asked trying to get her attention.

She looked up from her work and gave me a small smile. "Hello Emma, can I help you with something?" She asked politely.

At least she doesn't seem as mean as this morning. That's good.

"Yes exactly, I was hoping I would be able to switch partners or perhaps working by myself. I know I can do it. Its just i don't think me and Luke are going to get along and feel it may be best if we switch partners" i say in hopes she will somehow agree. I knew my chances were small but i made sure to tell her a good reason why i wanted to switch.

It wasn't a complete lie. We would work better separate, i just didn't tell her the other reasons.

She looked at me for a few moments before shaking her head and laughing to herself.

She better not be laughing at me...

"I'm sorry Emma but my answer is no. You can not switch partners just because you don't like them. This is class, you must learn how to deal with people you don't like. I put you and Luke together for a reason and i need you to respect that. Now please don't ask again. You better hurry up or you'll be late for class" she said with a smile.