Chapter 2

Mikaela's POV

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard flight 4b7 with tranfer service from Hong Kong to Seoul. Thank you for choosing SK airlines. Enjoy your flight.

There's no turning back now. I'll leave all my heartaches and start anew. I feel so tired now and tomorrow will be my first day as an assistant photographer for an entertainment agency. I miss my mom, I called her a while ago and she's asking me to go back. Not for now mom. I just wanted to be alone. I need this. 😔

I already got an apartment in the city. The landlady is still young, not to mention that she's pretty and kind too.

"Hello! How was your flight?? Come, I'll show you your room."

"The flight was all right, but it's tiring since I came all the way from the other side of the world. Thank you so much for accommodating me. And by the way, here's the payment."

I handed over the money and Nana took it, she looks friendly, though, I hope we could be friends.

"I also want to thank you for choosing my apartment. It's good to have a beautiful tenant like you. Because most of my tenants are oldies and working men." She laughed prettily.

"Really? That's very nice. How about we could have some coffee sometimes?" I genuinely offered.

"Woah! That's great! Sure, sure! You seemed so fluent in Korean language huh?"

"Yeah. I actually learned it from someone."
I hope she doesn't ask for more, this is not good.

"So, I think everything's good? Thank you again and I'll see you around then. Bye."

The room is cozy, tidy and I feel like my body is becoming heavier. I should get some sleep, it's going to be a big day tomorrow. I didn't even bother to unpack my things. I just lay down and started to think of my past...

flash back...

Yoon Seol Chan, we've been together for 2 years now, and he even proposed to me last month. It probably was the happiest moment of my life. My fiancée is a Korean-American boy, I met him at a photography convention. I have a hots for men who have chinky eyes and pale white skin. Apart from his great personality, It makes my heart flutter every time he smiles at me, that's why I'm falling in love with him more and more.

It's our anniversary today and I planned for a surprise visit in his pad. I bought his favorite mango cake and yet added a Doraemon stuff which he really likes. Woahhh, I'm feeling anxious and I don't know why. I broke into his place without his permission, upon entering the room, I was about to surprise him with a very big hug, but then I was shocked when I saw him in his room having sex with another woman. It seems the world has stopped and it's about to explode. Everything went quiet and blur. My heart wants to scream out in wrath. All I want to do right now is to kill them... but then, I suddenly heard a voice inside my head asking me... "who are you?" I felt a shiver down my spine. I hurriedly left the room without any words. I was running like there's no tomorrow, tears keep on falling down my face and then everything went blank...

It's been a month since that day. If I could simply erase that awful memory, but here I am, still thinking of what could have gone wrong. I have many sleepless nights, and I'm attempting to sleep right now...

Someone is chasing me and I kept on running. It's so dark. Suddenly, I'm in an alleyway, there's a man standing right there... I was running towards him. And then he asked me... who are you? I was about to say something, but I felt like the ground is eating me, I can't move... I was shouting for help but there's no sound in my voice.

"Helppppppp!!!" I woke up drenched in sweat. I was having a horrible nightmare.

Oh God... I look at the time and... wtf!!! It's already 8:00 am and I need to be in the agency for about 30 minutes. I took a bath very quickly and dressed like normally. Plain white shirt, jeans and my red converse. With no make up and a boyish Nike cap.

I took the bus and luckily I found the building that was instructed to me during the phone interview. BigHit Entertainment woahhh. So this is it. New job, new people, new life. Oh no, I'm going to be late now, shit.... I hurriedly went inside not paying attention of what's going to happen. I accidentally collided with the guy in front of me. Unfortunately, he was holding an iced coffee and he has fallen to the ground... it was such a mess. I tried to help him but...

"Yahhhh!!! Look what you've done! What's up with you!!!?? Aiiishhh jinja!! My clothes...otokheee???" He glared at me like hell. 😈

I think I'm going to die early...😓