Chapter 21

OKAY? THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN AND ITS ALL MY FAULT. AND NOW I NEED TO END THIS SOON... THANKS FOR BEARING WITH ME EVEN THOUGH IM ALWAYS LATE. LOVE YOU GUYS.... I HOPE YOULL LOVE THIS CHAPTER LOL. EVEN THO ITS CRAPPY...

SERIOUSLY. THIS WILL END SOON... THIS IS MY AMATEUR SHIT. SO YEAH. 😂😂😂

___________________________

JIMIN'S POV

"Mr. Son.... Why? H-How? Is this really happening? Why didn't she tell me about it... I ought to know. Why now? This is just t-too m-much... this is... she should have told me... why??? This is so unfair... " I was stammering and cried falling down to my knees. Mr. Son is just looking down on me wearily with tears in his eyes. Soon he joined me placing his hands on my shoulders gripping it tightly. It's as if he's trying to ease the pain that I'm feeling right now but it never happened...

"I should have convinced her more before, Jimin. It is my fault. She never wanted to go through the treatment. We would always fight before, but she is so stubborn, I swear I did my best, Jimin. If I could just take all the pain and fear she has... I would. I even asked her if you are aware but she refuses to talk about it. I'm sorry... She's happy with you. I thought everything is getting better and this happened..." Mr. Son stared at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry too, Mr. Son... I shouldn't have said that, this is just too sudden for me..."

Sadness and frustration is eminent on his face. I felt too bad to speak to him like that. He must be suffering more than me. He's been with her all his life and they have made a lot of good and happy memories together. While I am just her boyfriend, the boy who once was broke her heart many times. I always thought that I don't deserve her and yet she was always there for me and she never failed to love and understand me all this time.

And she's slipping away...

I closed my eyes in silence my cheeks are still damped with tears and I sighed heavily. I felt that my hands were engulfed with warmness by her father, alleviating the coldness in my heart. I still want to assure myself that this is just a nightmare, that I will wake up later and meet the healthy and bubbly Nana. That this is just a prank, they're making fun of us because we are the cheesiest and noisiest couple ever. When in fact they were just jealous of us...

But then I opened my eyes and realized that this is far from surreal.

The face of the man in front of me is making it more evident, his eyes are just like hers.

The reality is dawning on me again as I heard his muffled cries.

"Jaebal... Please save her, Jimin. Convince my daughter. You're the only one who can do that now. She may listen to you... Please, please.. I beg you." He breathed out, he's asking me like I'm his only and last resort and just made my heart ache more, but I need to be strong for her.

A noticeable determination is coming through, drying my eyes once more I glanced over at the old man in front of me. "Ne... I will, I-I will make her stay... I will do my best to prolong her life even for a year or more... I promise..."

After our heartfelt conversation and agreement, we have waited for more hours before Nana can be transferred to her own room. Mr. Son asked for a private time with her daughter so we let him stay for an hour. Taehyung was still in the waiting area and has become silent ever since we have arrived at the hospital. He never asked me anything or even spoken to me. I wonder what's going on to his head. Me, on the other hand, is still waiting for my turn. I haven't seen her yet and I'm afraid I might break down in front of her.

She's too young to die, she's too precious to suffer like this. All of our dreams have become shattered in an instant. All the plans that we had were all drifting away. The uncertainty of the situation drowning me into the pool despair but I didn't want to give up so easily.