CHAPTER 11

Nana's POV

My heart is heavy same as my footsteps...

I arrived at home and saw my father sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Nana..." My father smiled at me sweetly...
"Appa...." I came rushing to his side and hugged him... and then I cried.
"Appa......." He didn't even bother to ask... He doesn't have to. He just hugged me back as I poured my heart out with all the pains, fears, frustrations and hopelessness.

He led me to my room and take me to my bed like the old times.

"Just cry it out... Appa, will always be here for you..."
"Komawo appa and I'm so sorry too." I held his hands and thought that I'm lucky enough to have a great father like him.

"Why are you saying sorry? huh?"
"Coz I'm weak... I can't fight like you wanted to..."

My father just stared at me and I can see the pain in his eyes

"Mianhae...." I kept on saying sorry while tears streaming down my face...

My mom passed away when I was six years old. I was always a good kid. I have never let Appa down. I've been living my life in the most conservative way.
But then fate betrayed me. It have given me the heaviest burden I could ever imagine. Then I started to ask questions... of all people, why me?
And now I'm trying to live my life,
breaking the rules, living outside the norms. Why give a damn, when life is a bitch???

Yes, life is a bitch. Why do I always have to be the one suffer? Oh fate... Can you spare me for once? :(

Mika's POV

It has been a month since I saw Nana. I have been calling and sending her text messages but she isn't responding at all. We miss her already and I really don't know what's wrong with her. I tried to visit her house from time to time, but she's always not around.

We've been friends for how many months now and she's acting weird lately. It was when we had a get together with the boys and felt something is wrong with her. Airi and I decided to surprise visit her since its our rest day. We really need to talk and to clear things out.

Someone's knocking at the door, I bet Airi has arrived.

"Mika?"
"Airiah... glad you've come early. C'mon, let's check on her now."
"Let's go... have you tried calling her again?"
"Yes, but she still refuses to answer my calls, I'm really worried about her."
"It's alright, we need to fix this once and for all"

We went to Nana's place and found out that she's not around.

"Airi... ottokhe?"
"Gwenchana... maybe we could just wait for a few more hours, we can come back later."
"Arasseo..." I agreed with a heavy heart.

Upon leaving, we saw Nana in the hallway and she looked so different from the girl that we know. Though she's still looking pretty, her attitude changed a lot. Less chatty, less cheerful and it seems like she doesn't know us at all.

"Nana... i ran towards her and hugged her but she isn't responding at all. This really breaks my heart. It feels like I'm embracing a cold stone.

"Nana... are you okay? is there anything wrong?" Airi asked concernedly.

"What are you two doing here?" Nana asked abruptly.
"We were just worried that's why we decided to come by." Airi explained.

"Oh really? you don't need to bother anyway... I'm doing great." Nana said coldly.
"Yah... we missed you so much, Nana...can you come with us, today?" I sincerely asked, but she doesn't seem to care.
"Sorry, I'm busy. You can go now." Nana just turned her back from us and went inside her house, leaving us clueless.