#03

"Shambles."

It felt like a mere second ago that Moon was on the submarine contemplating her life. Upon hearing that word again, she felt the familiar land beneath her feet, and gave Penguin a short look, to which he blushed and looked away.

"You can follow me into my workplace. But just do as I say."

"Yes mam!"

"And don't call me mam."

"Yes!"

Furrowing her brows at this ridiculous spread of events, Moon shook her head side to side before heading home to get changed. Donning on a long-sleeved button shirt and loose pants that came to her ankles, she came back out, tossing Penguin her items.

"These are my things. Since your captain man wants me to stay there for a few days.."

Reluctant to leave the place she called home, Moon took one last look at the place she painstakingly refurbished. Grabbing a photograph of her and her students, she placed it on top of the pile of things Penguin was holding.

"Shachi!"

Now who or what is that? Moon noticed another male dressed similarly to Penguin running over shyly, and grabbed her things with rather reddened cheeks as well. Telling him to bring this back to the submarine, Penguin squealed at the amount of female clothing he was holding onto.

"Lucky you. I want to spend the day with her too."

"Captain's orders. Hahaha!"

"Fine, fine."

The man named Shachi sighed audibly, grabbing the things from him and running away quickly, taking in the scent of Moon's detergent from her pile of clean clothes.

"You done fooling around?"

"Yes mam, I mean, yes."

"Okay. Now, put on your nicest face."

Moon dropped the cold gaze she was shooting Penguin as she neared the orphanage, and entered the place cheerily, greeting everyone on the way. What a gentle woman she is, Penguin thought, seeing her hair flow gently in the brisk movements she was making.

"Babies!"

"Teacher Moon!"

A pleasant unison of voices filled their ears once Moon entered a particular room filled with books and toys. Penguin watched in awe, as Moon put an arm around him to his liking.

"Everyone, this is pirate uncle Penguin. Do you remember what a penguin is?"

"Pen... Peng? Pen-gin."

Unable to pronounce the word clearly, some of the children struggled to pronounce the word, making Moon chuckled out loud, her smile rivalling the bright sun of the day.