#14

Note: A lot of the things from this chapter onwards are unrelated to the actual happenings during the Sabaody arc, especially timeline wise. It's just my own interpretation of the auction house / Sabaody Archipelago while trying to stay true to it to a certain extent. Enjoy! Thank you for clicking into my work :> 

A weird eeriness spread across the huge ship that was getting ready to get Moon's students onboard, as well as let the new orphans land on this particular island. The children were told that they were going on an excursion as a way to celebrate their graduation, and the new batch of children were too young and naive to even understand what is danger apart from their human instincts. The scene was seemingly normal, of a well-built ship docked near an island; but there were some eyes and ears sprouting from the corners, and a green, ghost-like spirit floating around the scene.

"They're asking where Moon is."

A calm, feminine voice filled the transponder snail over at The Polar Tang, where Shachi was telling the crew important details. From the way his cheeks were blushing slightly, it was not hard to guess that the person over the snail was an attractive lady. That female in question frowned slightly hearing the contents of their conversation at the bigger ship. The black-haired lady picked up the transponder snail again to repeat after them, word for word.

"We will advance at night when that scary woman is sleeping. These children must be sleepy too. We don't want them too energetic."

Everyone who's heard this line dropped their smiles and any antics they were engaging with. The lady sighed quietly, undoing the cross-like formation she made with her arms, making the ears and eyes that sprouted nearby the ship disappear. The green ghost-like spirit returned to a skeleton donned in a handsome suit, and his hollow eyes frowned upon returning.

"Those people are terrible, I must say. They were smoking and gambling on the ship, betting on stupid things."

Hearing the skeleton's words made everyone else on the ship frown. These good-natured people were none other than the infamous Straw Hat Pirates known to their acquaintances as ones with hearts of gold, and the rest of the world to be strong and ruthless pirates. Their swordsman Roronoa Zoro looked over at the skeleton Brook, throwing him a question.

"How many people are there? Do they look armed?"

"They are quite a lot of people. But I think some of them might stay back to make sure the scary woman, or Moon or something I think, does not know of their plans. And to make sure the new children don't escape."

"Maybe some of us should stay at this island."

Zoro closed his eye after saying that, feeling the urge to slash everyone scheming to turn innocent children into slaves. This went for everyone onboard The Thousand Sunny, as they clenched their fists and waited for the moment to start acting. Even the normally rash captain Luffy was sitting on the figurehead, frowning and stopping himself from charging forward. This was done after a few minutes of arguments back and forth, with Jinbe holding him back by mentioning one important fact.

'If Mr. Trafalgar reached out for help, he must be taking this more seriously than any other mission. Let's not forget that he was an important ally, and more importantly, your friend.'

This left Luffy pouting and frowning for a while, but he relented soon kept mum in agreement. Soon, Sanji came out of the kitchen wiping his hands on a cloth, which he placed on the drying rack. Luffy's head turned to that direction, his nose sniffing busily.

"I smell good food, Sanji! Give me some!"

"Stop, it's for the children."

"....Fine..."

[Law x Reader] Silent Room | One Piece FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara