#21

"Law?"

Despite being in the embrace of her favorite human blanket, Moon's eyes were wide open from the way her brain was overstimulated last night. Meeting and interacting with so many lovely adults was a joyous occasion for the otherwise cold teacher, but it did come with her social battery draining quickly. Not to mention, she almost broke her right arm and had an unpleasant experience last night. She was no child; she clearly knew what his intentions were, and it made her unable to tear herself away. Not wanting to blame it on the alcohol, she clenched her fists a few times under Law's arm. Calling out to him softly once did not work, so she carefully removed herself from his tight hug and trotted over to pull on her hoodie that they had thrown onto the floor last night. Barely covering her otherwise bare body, she placed the hood over her head and walked around Law's room.

4am.

The sun wouldn't even be out at this time. Not knowing what to do, she sat on the edge of the bed, tracing the hair of the exhausted captain-doctor lovingly.

"Mhm."

Startled by his low hum, she put her hand away, but Law has already opened his eyes. He seemed to be figuring out the situation through sleepy eyes, his forehead creased from squinting.

"It's 4am. No one else is in on the sub, I think."

Grinning that she knew what he needed to hear, Law pulled the blanket away before pulling on his clothes clumsily. She watched with much interest in her eyes, seeing his tall and inked body move about slowly. After pulling on his pants, he sat back down on the bed, where Moon poured him a cup of water. Downing it with much appreciation, he blinked a few times before looking down at her thighs. Putting a hand on the rounded, plump, and alluring body part of mobility, he grinned to himself and left a kiss on her lips. His morning voice was raspy and low, his movements instinctual.

"Why are you up so early?"
"I don't know. Many thoughts are in my head."
"Want to share them?"

Feeling his strong hand rest on a sensitive part of her body made her flinch a little, as he released a bit of strength from his fingers and stared into her worrisome eyes.

"Will they be alright? The children... and even..."

Moon paused for a while, her mind replaying the previous hostage she's held and the man he's beat up to pulp last night. Her eyes let out an uneasy vibe, and her normally straight back was sloched over. Law's hands moved up to her shoulders, massaging them gently.

"Are you curious?"
"Huh?"
"You're always asking if other people are going to be okay. What about yourself? If knowing what happened to them is so important, you can go ahead and check on them."

Law's tone of voice was as calm as usual, but it had a sort of heaviness and frustration attached to it. He gently led her up, not waiting for an answer. As he was pushing her out of the room, he noticed the clothes still thrown all over the place and pulled her back.

"Didn't you forget something?"
"Right."

Hurridely pulling on her clothes, she made sure that Law was looking away despite his simple smirk at her plea that he deemed to be pointless. After both of them were fully dressed, they went out to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and headed out of the submarine.

The dawn was weirdly inviting to the both of them; the chilly airs against their flesh, the dark sky that's illuminated softly. Walking towards Shakky's house quietly, Moon had a lot of thoughts in her head. What am I going to do now? Weren't we supposed to set sail a few hours ago? Seeing Law defy his own plans seemed rather uncharacteristic for the meticulous captain, and Moon stopped walking to hold onto his hand tightly.