#04

"Bepo, right?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, I should have brought you to my children instead. I think they'd have loved you."

The white bear blushed at that compliment, as Moon lowered her chin and smiled to herself.

"I think you don't know what I am saying. Them loving you means they'll disturb you day and night."

"Oh... Sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

Bursting out in laughter, Moon finally relaxed in front of the Heart Pirates a little at their goofy nature that slipped out despite Law's grumbling. It is indeed safer here, and they were not easily found due to her skills as well. Needless to say, Law did have a better sleep two nights after easing into her presence being here, as he decided making her comfortable to a certain extent would allow him to dig out information better from the wary girl. Rubbing his eyes from the short nap he took, Law looked down at his hands. Did I just take a nap?

"Captain!"

"...Bepo? And that... Girl."

Law saw Moon and his crew mates chuckling while drinking some iced orange juice, and he frowned at that sight. I'm sure I've told them to make sure she does not get too comfortable... Moon ignored his appearance, reminding herself that he was one that enjoyed having his own space to process things. If she praised him for taking a nap, he'd probably not nap again just to not hear her patronising him. Moon had plenty of experiences with grumpy children, and saw him as one. She wanted, no, needed to make him feel more positively about her so that she could get her heart back, and her life back on land.

"Captain!"

Bepo rushed forward to engulf Law in a hug, overjoyed at his captain resting properly for once. Moon kept her head away from that commotion, in case the captain with an inflated ego felt embarrassed about it. Law basked in the fuzzy fur for a short moment before grumbling and pushing him away. Moon got up and headed to the main deck for some fresh air, leaving Law to sit on the chair and sigh audibly.

"Captain, I've been telling you, she's really nice. You should have seen her with the children. Remember what I told you?"

"...So?"

"So... Don't be so mean to her."

"I didn't do a thing. I could have killed her or tortured her but I didn't even do that. I'm just observing her."

I mean, you did take her heart... Penguin muttered ever so softly under his breath. Law shot him daggers with his metal grey eyes, and grabbed a rice ball to chew on. I guess it does feel good to sleep well and eat well, Law thought to himself. After finishing a short round of snacks, he dusted his fingers, wiped them on a cloth and headed out to where Moon was. She was holding onto the wall of the deck, her eyes fixated on the evening sky. Her side profile was more radiant and confident than before, and her great posture took stage under the orange hues of the setting sun. Law took that sight in for a while, his appearance casting a shadow onto her.