#13

"Okay. I understand the plan. But first, you've got to help me out, doctor-captain."

Moon's gaze travelled up to Law's face that carried a satisfied expression at having completed a briefing no one had objections to. He gazed down gently, wondering what those cute eyes wanted.

"Let's go to the bakery next town. It's quite far from the orphanage, but I want to buy some cake for my students."

"And you need my help because..."

Looking around at The Heart Pirates, Moon made a small sphere of silence, making sure no one else could hear what she was about to say next.

"Well... I need your company."

Law was truly amazed at her ability to blurt out sentences that were straight to the point, tactful, yet delightful enough to quicken his heartbeat. Every desire and want of hers were rarely for her own good. If anything, he wished to hear her saying things like 'wash my hair for me again', which he has practised on his own scalp ever since that day. His face flushing up at her desire to stay beside him, he saw her undoing the silence with a snap of the fingers.

"What's up Captain? What did she ask you to do?"

Moon grinned mischievously at that question, and repeated the same set of actions only to Ikkaku, making the brown-haired pirate giggle. The rest of them frowned at her playfulness, before Moon stood in front of the room and observed their curious expressions. Feeling a surge of happiness at the innocence shining through a bunch of adults that's been sailing the rough seas, she smiled widely and declared.

"Let me borrow your captain for maybe...one hour or so. May I?"

"Please take him and use him for however long you want. Free of charge!"

"Really? You guys are too generous!"

Laughing heartily at them playing along, Moon grabbed onto Law and pulled him out of the discussion room excitedly. Rushing around the Polar Tang to grab a shirt for him, she placed it on his shoulders and buttoned it briskly. He stood without a word, waiting for her to be done doing whatever she wanted to do. Grinning at her own masterpiece, she nodded her head and jumped onto Law's back, which he caught with ease.

"What are you doing?"

"Let's go, Polar Tang, Law version!"

"What?"

"Go go. I'll direct you!"

He just had to follow her orders. Securing her legs onto his waist comfortably, he jumped down the submarine, enjoying every small movement she made on his back. Moon directed him to the back route she always took, informing him of the secret paths and safer ways to get around the place. He nodded, only then realising why she was not visible that day. She got down from his back once she was near the town, the front half of her body immediately feeling the cold. Maybe I should have stayed on his warm back a little longer, she thought, holding his hand.

"We have to walk all the here, then turn there, then—"

"Okay. Why did you get down?"

"I don't know, I can move just fine."

"Then why did you get on?"

"Enough with the questions, okay?"

Turning her head away from the smirking Law, she stomped off in an attempt to lead the way. He looked around the place, thinking if using his skills was a good choice. Maybe it'd be good for me to familiarise myself with the place. Dropping the idea to teleport them to the destination, he followed her footsteps, observing the way to the town. It was a quiet place, with not many residents or shops, only having the necessities around. But... No hospitals? He could not help but feel a little worried yet proud at that fact, as that meant she'd have to rely on him, but it also meant that she has been surviving on her own first aid skills till now. She watched him look around the place intently and grinned, tightening the grip around his hand.