#11

It's been three months, and Law's eyes were heavily sunken in. Apart from the sheer fact that he missed her contagious cheekiness, he had found out certain facts that he found difficult to accept, let alone break it to her the next time they met. It meant delaying his personal goals as well, which he did not mind but felt bad for the crew.

"Well... My goal is not to go around liberating lives. I'm not like that straw hat. And we're clearly no match for the celestial dragons and their army."

Trying his best to formulate a plan that'll benefit her while upholding his own values as a pirate, Law has been sleeping at odd hours and missing meals. Bepo was always around him, trying his best to keep him company but falling asleep before him. It was no exception today— Bepo jolted up from dozing off beside Law scribbling notes in a black pullover that was now too loose around the collarbone, showing off his inked chest.

"Captain!"

"Bepo. Told you to just sleep."

"No Captain, you...should...fish...sleep...yum."

"Bepo."

A grin surfacing at the white Mink's sleep talking, Law got up to put a pillow below his fluffy head and watched him sleep while drooling.

"He must be dreaming of fishes."

Giving his head one last pet, he went to the kitchen area to grab a cup of water, when he knocked into Penguin holding a fresh edition of newspapers. It's already morning? Law scratched the back of his head, letting out a small yawn.

"Captain. Seems like they are going on with the auctions at Sabaody next month again."

"Don't tell me..."

Snatching the newspapers from his hands, Law read the article that disguised the human auction as just a festival for the rich and daring, scoffing out loud. He has been there before, and knew how messed up it was. His eyes turning cold, he decided to visit Moon earlier than the expected timing. Law gave his tired body a big stretch, lifting his shirt up to reveal his abdomen area. Penguin gasped loudly at the sight he saw, taking the newspapers from him.

"Captain, you've gotten so much skinnier."

"Oh. This?"

His hand rubbing the set of muscles that got more defined, but with less radiance, Law went forward to grab an onigiri.

"I'll eat."

Seeing his crew mates worry was the last thing he wanted to see. After forcing down some rice balls, he washed his hands and sat on the chair, calculating the time it'd take for them to reach the island Moon was at. Continuously yawning in between his calculations, Law ended up falling asleep on the dining table chair.

/// One week before the promised reunion ///

"My babies! It's one week till graduation. I'm so proud of you guys."

Moon's class was filled with bright grins as usual, and her nights were more peaceful these few weeks. Wondering if it was Law secretly watching over her somehow, Moon's eyes were glistening with anticipation as the day to their reunion got closer and closer.