#33

I'm so tired. I'm so tired. Are the Heart Pirates well on their way already? Can I doze off for a while? Moon calculated the time it'll take for those goofballs to get onboard and navigate away, and slowly loosened the muscles she was flexing in an attempt to support her body from the mental fatigue. Starting from her shoulders, arms, then her hands, she made sure to rest her body as much as she could.

"I'm so tired."

Muttering this under her breath, she overheard the marines returning to the designated ships slowly, some of them instructed to stay for reinforcement. As she watched the blurred movements of people from the pile of boxes she was sitting on, she slowly released the tension and devil fruit powers she was concentrating her energy on. The noises around the area got louder with every relaxation, and she felt her body recovering ever so slightly.

"Private Moon, follow me."

Corporal Ivel? Where is Captain Koby? Frowning at the request to move her tired body around, she got up reluctantly and followed his footsteps to a small room they used to transport criminals. Wait, what's going on?

"We will have to detain you first. Protocol says we can only interrogate you back at the base, but you pose a threat to us right now."
"Me? A threat? Look at my state now. You're more of a threat to me than I am a threat to you."

Feeling the handcuffs lock around her wrists, she looked at him with her eyes half-lidded, not even resisting a little bit. Ivel sighed as he watched her almost falling to the chair, laying her head on her arms that she placed on the table with her cheek plastered onto them.

"Nap time... please."

Hearing her speak like how she would to a child stabbed him with a pang of guilt, but duty was duty. He watched her slowly closing her eyes, putting a blanket over her as his last act of kindness outside of being a marine. For he understood that being a marine did not mean you could not be human.

Ivel left the room quietly, organising his thoughts in his head.

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☾ ◯ ☽₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

"Get her to the interrogation room."
"I can walk."

Stop treating me like a criminal, she muttered under her breath, feeling much more energised than before. With one side of her cheeks still reddened and pressed in from the nap, she looked nothing like a scary criminal and more like a child being dragged to the classroom. Her hair was quite messy as well; she lifted her hand to calm the flyaways down but realised how tough it was due to the handcuffs and rolled her eyes.

"Sit her down."

The recruits pushed her down onto the chair, which she frowned heavily at and looked up at the nervous recruit. I'm remembering your face. The recruit looked away in panic as he saluted and marched away at the corporal's command. Vice Admiral Doll was watching the interrogation as well, her expression rather unreadable. Corporal Ivel took a seat opposite Moon, eyeing her sleepy face. I mean, she really isn't a threat, but duty is duty.

"I'm sure you know why we brought you here."
"To commend me for my superb work?"
"Don't try and be curt with me. I'm your superior."
"Okay. So why am I here?"

Just look at the difference in attitude in treating the pirate and me. Ivel sighed softly and turned his head to see Koby rushing in after settling the marines at Sabaody. He panted lightly and took a seat beside Ivel, and Moon looked away in guilt. I hope I don't jeopardize him. Koby ran his hand across his forehead, wiping his sweat hurridely. Ivel continued speaking in an authoritative tone as Moon stared at him with uninterested eyes.