Chapter Twenty Four: Recognizable

The party had ended with a big bang and it took us awhile to get home. The boys had dropped me off at my house with drunken slurs that were meant to be goodbyes. Sunday I woke up, my brain hurting just a bit. It was a lot of alcohol for me. Around noon I got a text from Abigail asking if I wanted to go shopping. She was on her way now while I looked around for an outfit. I settled on some cute fitted pants, a simple deep purple button up sleeveless shirt, and a loose grey hoodie. My hair was in its normal braid and I had my favorite vans on my feet. I yelled goodbye to my mother before grabbing my phone and leaving.

“Hey girl!” Abigail cheered once I climbed into her small car. She was looking adorable in a tight white shirt, long flowy maxi skirt, and boho flipflops. Her red hair was pulled up into a cute bun.

“How are you?” I smiled as she pulled out of my driveway.

“Great! Thanks for coming shopping with me,” she smiled.

“No problem! Are you shopping for a certain event?” I said as I looked down at my phone. The hesitation made me look back up at her. “Abi... Oh my- Abi! Who! What is it for? Please tell me!”

“ImayormaynotbegoingonadatewithNiall.” She said quickly.

“Slow down! What?” I said. My eyes probably look big and bug eyed.

“I said... I may or may not be going on a date... with Niall.” She glanced over at me before looking back at the road. “I don’t know what to wear or how to act or...”

“Just act yourself.” I smiled. My best friends. My best guy friend and my best gal pal are going on a date. The joy I am feeling overwhelming! 

“I’ll try... He just makes me feel... He’s a celebrity. I know I should view him like another person, but I can’t. He’s famous. He has all these girls throwing themselves at him and he turns to me and asks me  to go out to dinner with him. It’s unreal... You know?”

I looked at her, a soft smile on my lips. I looked out the window and nodded but realized she probably didn’t see me nod. “I understand,” I said quietly. 

“How are you and Harry?” She changed the topic. I wanted to sigh instantly. The words she just said had sunk in. I know Harry treats me different, but I wanted to be real with him. I wanted the way we act to just be... real. And not for public. I wish I wash his girlfriend.

Wait.

What.

What the hell did I just think?

“We’re great!” I said quickly, trying to contain the shakiness in my voice. How could I think that? HOW?

“Have you guys kissed?”

“Yea,” I lied. 

“Have you... done it?” She smiled sheepishly.

“ABIGAIL! No!” My cheeks turned bright pink I’m sure.

“I’m just curious! Sarah wants to know how far you guys have gone.”

“That’s for us to know, and you to never find out!” I said with a laugh. Abigail just grinned and winked.

~

Harry: How far have you gone?

Chris: WHAT?

My eyes widened as I stared at my phone. Abigail was in the dressing room while I stood outside playing on my phone.