Chapter Fifty-Seven: Kryptonite

With the musical over, all the stress in my life had washed away. No longer did I feel worried or nervous that I would forget a line. To be honest, it felt weird not going to rehearsals after school or seeing the people in my class so often now. Musical was now a fun block, we literally had nothing we had to accomplish for the rest of the school year. I sighed in relief even though I missed it already. It had been a week since we performed, the school week passed and it was finally my first free Saturday morning.

Chris: Just checking in... Are you guys safe??

I waited patiently for a response from any of the boys. They had a urgent flight to Los Angeles to meet with Simon about their career. Harry had texted me at 3 in the morning but I didn't hear my phone go off. It was noon now and none of the boys had tried to reach me since then. It was a little unusual since one of them was always in touch but I didn't think about it too much.

Liam: Of course xx

Zayn: Thanks mom!!

Niall: :)

With a tiny smile I set my phone aside. No need to worry. They were safe and sound, probably having the time of their life in beautiful California. I bet it was sunny compared to the weather here. The sky was dull and dreary, little showers here and there. Enough rain to make it unpleasant to go outside and run or toss the basketball around. Mindlessly, I walked around my apartment wondering what I could do. Was I really this boring on my own? Normally if I was bored I'd travel over to the boy's hotel room and goof around with them. A tiny frown tugged on my lips as I grabbed my phone and checked it. Nothing new. Scrolling through the contacts, I clicked on Abigail's name and called her. It rang a couple of times before sending me to voicemail. I tried calling her again but the same outcome. I dialed up Sarah who thankfully answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sarah!"

"Hi Chris! What's up?"

"I was just seeing what you were up to and if maybe you wanted to hang out today?" My voice sounded pathetic in my ears, too hopeful and begging.

"Oh... I wish I could but I'm out of town with my family. There's a big family reunion in Kyle. I'm so sorry Christina. Try calling up Abigail! She might be free. Or- Oh, I've got to go! My Aunt Jessie is calling me. See you later!" And before I had the chance to say anything the line beeped indicating it was over. I blinked at my phone before trying to call up Tammy. The call went straight to voicemail- so she had her phone off.

Cue Celine Dion's song "All By Myself" at this point. My mom was at work, I was home alone, and all my friends were busy doing something. What am I supposed to do? Defeated, I threw myself on the couch and tried to get comfy. Maybe if I fell asleep and by the time I awoke, someone would be free.

~

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz... My phone rattled on the end table, pestering me awake. With closed eyes I blindly reached out for it, waiting to feel the cool screen pressed against my cheek. "Hello?" How long had I been asleep for? My eyes peeled open as I looked up at the ceiling, my body felt stiff from laying on this couch for so long.

"Christina?" His voice sounded so distant. I sat up slowly, chewing on my bottom lip as I waited eagerly for him to respond.

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing? Were you asleep? Did I wake you?"

"Yes but it's fine. I'm awake now... What's wrong Harry?" Something was off and I couldn't place my finger on it.

"It's nothing." Every word sounded unsure on his lips. What was going on? "Can you come see me? We're at the studio... The one off Mayfield and Braker right next to Shake's. I can come get you if the bus has already-"