Chapter Forty: A Very Merry Christmas

“Chris? Christina? Hello? Anyone there? You aren’t dead, are you? That’d be a big shame for Harry to find out. Christina,” A voice practically sang to me. I groaned in frustration and due to the fact that a heavy boy was sprawled across me. His lips were at my ear, their breath tickling me. My eyes fluttered open only to find Louis staring at me with wide eyes. I sent him a glare only to earn a smile from him. “Can you guess what day it is?”

“Uh... Wednesday? Thursday? I don’t know,” I said groggily. I yawned as Louis got off of me. His laughter filled the air before shaking his head.

“It’s Christmas day, dipshit.”

“Merry Christmas too you too, asshole,” I rolled my eyes as I sat up in bed. Harry was no where to be found which didn’t bother me too much. Louis practically skipped out of the room, leaving me to get dressed properly. I walked over to Harry’s closet, rummaging through it until I settled on his favorite Ramones shirt. I swapped it for my little camisole and walked over to my bag and pulled out a pair of jeans. My bare feet found a pair of socks and slippers. I opened the door to Harry’s bathroom and did my daily routine. I brushed through the tangles and left it down. 

Walking to the living room, I found Zayn and Niall playing video games, Louis engrossed with his phone, Liam taking a tiny nap, and from what I could see, Harry was in the kitchen. I tip toed in, his back turned to me. I sneaked over and covered his eyes with my hands. A throaty laugh escape his lips as he tried to reach behind himself and grab me. Our laughs mixed as I took my hands off. Harry spun around and took ahold of my waist.

“You think you’re so sneaky, don’t you?” His husky voice floated through the air.

“Just a bit,” I said with a playful wink before I took in his outfit. He had on khaki pants paired with a long red sleeved shirt. His curls sat on top of his head in a mess but he still look as handsome as can be. I couldn’t help but reach and run a hand through his hair. His bright white teeth smiled at me, causing a blush to sprinkle across my cheeks.

“You interrupted my cooking,” he said. 

“My bad?” I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. My mind screamed at me to just kiss him right then and there, but I pulled away and stepped out of his arms. I walked out of the kitchen and sat in between Zayn and Niall, watching them go hard at Mario Kart. Niall was cusing under his breath while Zayn stayed quiet, his eyes never once leaving the TV screen. I rolled my eyes but smiled at them as I made myself comfortable, leaning my head on Zayn's shoulder.

"Victory!" Zayn shouted suddenly, causing me to jump. I sent him a glare as he looked over with a big smile. "Do I get a victory kiss? It is Christmas. Give a little, Chris!" Zayn said as he closed his eyes and puckered up his lips. Niall's loud laugh filled my ears as Zayn inched closer. He couldn't see because his eyes were closed, but I was making the wierdest face right now. I quickly composed my face when a deep voice floated around the room.

"What's going on here?" Zayn's eyes snapped open as we all turned and looked. Harry was leaning against the wall, his elbows crossed and spatula in one hand. "I come in to tell you that breakfast is ready, and this is what I see? My own girlfriend has already found someone else to kiss today?" My heart missed a beat when his words registered. He called me his girlfriend again. 

"She came onto me, I swear!" Zayn looked over, his mouth dropping.

"You backstabber!" I grinned at him before standing up and quickly racing over to Harry. "Don't think that Haz can protect you. I can whip his and your ass in like, three seconds," to conclude his child-like behavior, he stuck his tongue out at us. Harry laughed as he grabbed my waist, pulling me close to him.