2 | senpai

"Yes, really!" he answered.

"Well, as he should," Kanako muttered to Y/N, glaring at the two of them.

"I'll contact you when I buy you a new one," Nishinoya added to his promise, it was getting clear to them that he might actually be taking it seriously.

"T-then can I g-get your number? So I can-"

"Nishinoya!" Daichi exclaimed the smaller boy's name, tired of his antics just to get Y/N's number.

"S-seriously?" Mayu was shocked by his seemingly oblivious and reckless personality.

"Huh?" the captain gasped.

"Alright, I'll g-give you my number," Y/N agreed, grabbing something from her bag.

"R-really?!" Nishinoya asked with a sparkle on his eyes.

"Here," she handed her phone, displaying her number.

He quickly pulled out his phone from his pocket and excitedly copied her number.

"There, I'll contact you, I swear," he repeated.

"Okay," she bowed her head, a signal of her about to leave.

"N-name?" he asked as she turned around?

"It's Ayase Y/N," she answered, not looking back, with her jersey revealing her last name.

"Wow, she's cute," Tanaka, who just approached the scene, commented, "But my heart still belongs to you, Kiyoko Shimizu!"

"Her name... It's Ayase Y/N," Nishinoya repeated.

"Tanaka, I'm entrusting Kiyoko-san to you," he held Tanaka's hand with a serious face, "I've found a woman for m-"

"Nishinoya! What you did was terrible," Daichi scolded.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Hinata came closer to them, apologizing.

"Why?" the captain asked.

"I pushed him by accident, I'm sorry!" he apologized again.

"It was fate, Hinata," Nishinoya reassured him.

"Ugh, what am I going to do with you," Daichi shook his head in frustration and groaned.

Meanwhile, as for Niiyama Girls team, the girls busied themselves comforting their shy 1st year setter, Ayase Y/N.

"I would have beat him up if I was there!" a third year pat Y/N's back.

"It was an accident, I'm sure it was. I'm really okay," she clarified to her angry seniors.

"But your necklace, what would you with that?" Amanai asked as the team secured their items in the locker room.

"The pendant's broken, but the picture inside it is safe and sound, that's what matters," she answered while putting on her shoes.

"Anyways, our first game, it's starting in 10 minutes. Let's just focus on that," she added with a shy smile.

"Ah, our precious setter," the captain commented, "You're too forgiving!"

Later on, the team went back to the court, all ready and hyped for their first game in the Spring Inter-high. The same can be said for Karasuno too, with Nishinoya more fired up for the game. Both teams won their first match, as can be expected from Niiyama Girls, also entitled the Queens.

"So, will you really buy a necklace for uh, what's her name again?" Asahi asked Nishinoya as Karasuno walked out of the arena.