11 | scent

"One touch!" Y/N looked back at Nishinoya as she landed on gym floor.

"Here!" Nishinoya tried to do an overhead pass, giving Y/N ample time to get in formation and spike the ball.

"Woah! A dink!" Tanaka commented on the side of the court.

"Nice one, Y/N-chan," Nishinoya gave her a thumbs up.

The game went on with Nishinoya and Y/N teaming up against Kageyama and Hinata. It wasn't usual for Nishinoya to do 2 on 2s, but he wanted to play with Y/N.

"Aren't you guys tired?" she asked and panthed.

"Do you want to call it a day, Ayase-san?" Kageyama asked.

"Yeah, I'm tired, how many sets has it been?" she asked in return.

"Y/N-chan, I'll take you home!" Nishinoya offered.

"You can walk with me," Kageyama offered as well, reminding her that they were neighbors.

"Huh? Whaddya say?" Nishinoya looked at Kageyama with a taunting look on his face, "You're taking Y/N-chan home?"

"Yuu-senpai," she nudged him.

"Yes, Y/N-chan?" he asked, what a scary pace of a mood switch.

"I can go home on my own, you know," she told him.

"I can't take you home?" Nishinoya pouted, another quick mood switch.

"Do you really want to?" she asked him.

"Yes!" he answered her, "Let me," he asked.

She couldn't say no to that face, he looked too eager and too persistent.

"Alright."

After some time, just as Nishinoya finished organizining his belongings, Y/N realized she didn't bring any spare clothes. She had to change since she was almost soaking with sweat.

"What's wrong?" Nishinoya asked and looked at her.

"I forgot to bring a spare shirt, I didn't know I'd play."

"Is this it? The shoujo manga moment where the girl borrows and wears the main lead's shirt?" Nishinoya thought.

"Ah, let's just go home," she disregarded and hung her bag on her shoulder.

"Use mine!" Nishinoya exclaimed.

"Use what?"

"I have a spare shirt!" he excitedly told her.

"Oh?" she paused, "Oh!"

"You should use it, you might get sick," he added, "It's fine, really!" he insisted and opened his bag.

"Here," he handed it to her.

"Th-thank you," she bashfully accepted it and did her mannerism with her hair and ear.

"I'll wait for you to get changed," he smiled.

As she entered the toilet, she held on his shirt tightly and looked at herself in the mirror. She was a blushing mess.

"No," she told herself and took a deep breath, "I do not like Nishinoya Yuu that way!"

"We're just friends," she convinced herself before entering a stall to get changed.

She removed her damp top and dumped it on her bag. She looked at Nishinoya's shirt once again and held it close to her face, his scent reaching her. She unconsciously smiled, remembering his energetic smile and sweet gestures.

"What the hell am I doing!" she snapped back and scolded herself.

"But he does smell nice," she thought again before wearing it. The shirt was a little bigger on her small frame but she liked it.

Meanwhile, Nishinoya patiently waited for Y/N and stared at Kageyama and Hinata preparing to go home too.

"What do you two plan to do after high school?" he asked.

"Volleyball!" they answered in chorus, sure of what direction in life they'll take.

"And you, Noya-san?"

"Dunno," he answered?

"Huh?"

"Oh! Y/N-chan!" Nishinoya averted his gaze at Y/N, who had just finished changing.

"Let's go?" she spoke.

"Y-yeah!" he said and stood up, rushing to walk by her side.

"See you tomorrow!" Hinata bid his senior farewell, "And thanks for the practice, Ayase-san."

Y/N bowed at him before leaving with Nishinoya.

The streets were empty, as usual, and the night sky was beautiful. Just like last night, the moon light beautifully glimmered on his blonde streak and eyes. It highlighted just the right features and Y/N caught herself stealing glances of Nishinoya.

"The shirt looks good on you," he complimented.

"You, you think so?" she asked as they walked on the sidewalk.

"Yep," he answered.

"Thank you, I'll return it as soon as I wash it."

"Say, Y/N-chan," he changed the topic, "Have you dated before? You know, a boyfriend?"

"Boy," she repeated, "Boyfriend?"

"Uhuh," he nodded.

"I haven't had one," she shyly answered.

"Are you looking for one?" he asked her, it was making her feel anxious.

"I don't know, Yuu-senpai," she answered in a softer voice.

"What's with these questions?" she thought.

"Then," Nishinoya paused, compelling her to stop walking as well.

"Will you go out out with me?"