4 | just like tanaka

"Nishinoya?" he heard his name get called by Daichi.

"Huh? Nishinoya?" Y/N mumbled as she walked with Amanai who was almost sobbing.

She looked back and to her surprise, he was really there, though all she could see was his back. It was his spiky hair and height that made her recognize him.

She sneered at him, not knowning exactly why. At the same time, Nishinoya couldn't take her off his mind, not that he even tried, he liked the feeling of having a new crush. It gave him fluttering feeling, something a little different from his admiration for Kiyoko.

---

The very next day, as the two teams stepped inside the venue, Y/N was too busy observing their captain get interviewed by a news reporter. She was never the type to have that kind of courage to be speak as confidently as the captain, so she stood there, cheering her senior.

But Y/N wasn't too distracted to not notice the boy staring at her nearby. It was him again and this time, he was more surprised to see her than she was.

"Ayase Y/N!" she exclaimed her name fortunately right after the interview. However, the captain was too busy having small talk with the reporter off cam to reprimand him.

"Marry me, please!"

"Sounds like something I would say!" Tanaka was taken by surprise.

"Eh?" she mouthed, now pulling off an attempt to supress her growing smile with a poker face, which failed inevitably.

She couldn't stop herself from laughing at the silly impulsive boy, who was now a blushing mess.

"Maybe?" she answered in between her giggles as her eyes crinkle in laughter, and as her whole expression soften.

"I don't know, heh," she continued, now trying to stop laughing.

"Really?!" he expressed his surprise and delight.

"H-here, I bought you a necklace," he continued as he rummaged through his back in panic, searching for the necklace he bought last night.

"I didn't know which you'd like, so I bought two!" he added, now presenting the two necklace boxes on his hands.

"You really bought one, huh," she muttered, "Or two."

"Thank you, Yuu-senpai," she spoke in her usual voice, reverting back to her old shy self.

"She called me senpai!"  

"You don't need to t-thank me, I broke it," he told her, "And I'm sorry, again, and not just about the locket."

"I think this one looks nice," she picked the one with more feminine colors.

"Then you're not taking the other one?" he clarified as she picked it up from his hand.

The gentle feel of her palm and fingertips was enough to make Nishinoya blush a little more, "What a strange boy," Y/N thought.

"I don't need two."

"Then I'm keeping it," Nishinoya told her with a smile.

"These two match, it's like a couple item!" he thought.

"Anyways, I'll go now, your captain seems a little mad," Y/N bid him farewell, "Goodluck later."

Mad was an understatement, Daichi was furious, thinking that his junior was doing another one of his stupid tactics.

"G-goodluck too!" Nishinoya said and waved at her excitedly, not minding the first part of her sentence.