10 | rolling thunder

"Did you see that? Hinata?" Nishinoya flaunted his rolling thunder again.

"Yeah! It's so cool," Hinata expressed his awe for his senior, "I can't really defend well," he admitted.

"True," Kageyama commented and began to serve.

"Hey, are you really okay now, Hinata?" Tanaka asked the younger.

"Yup, I swear I can play now," he promised.

"Rolling," Nishinoya spoke, "Thunder!" he exclaimed, receiving the ball served by Kageyama.

"So cool!" Hinata complimented again.

"Of course, heh," Nishinoya nodded, enjoying the praises

"Oh, Ayase-san," Kageyama noticed Y/N peeking on the gym door.

"Hello," she lowered her head as she got noticed, "Is Yuu-senpai here?" she asked, still just peeping.

"Senpai? Why did you make her call y-" Kageyama asked but was cut off by Nishinoya's sudden burst of energy.

"Y/N-chan!" he exclaimed and hurried to the door, "You really came here," he was beaming with joy.

"Ah, yes," she nodded, "I, I also bought some, uh, food," she told him and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"She bought me food?!" he thought, overjoyed on the inside.

"I don't know if you like onigiri, though," she anxiously said.

"It's my favorite," he reassured her.

"I thought it was crepes-"

"You actually remember?"

"That was just yesterday, Yuu-senpai."

"She remembers!" he gave himself a pat on the back.

"Well, you should come in," he told her and invited her inside.

"H-hello," she bowed at the three.

"Is she the one from the nationals?" Hinata asked, "Wait, senpai's talking to a girl?!" he realized.

"Yeah, apparently so," Kageyama confirmed.

"They went on a date last night," Tanaka added.

"R-really?!"

"How did you know that?" Kageyama asked and raised a brow, suspecting his senior.

"Heh," Tanaka refused to answer.

"She's Niiyama's setter right?" Hinata asked.

"She's a setter?" he got Kageyama's attention.

"Yeah, plus she's a first year regular," Tanaka answered, "She's that good."

Hearing this, Kageyama felt the urge to ask her so much about being setter, basically what he did to Kenma after their first match back then.

"So, Yuu-senpai, are you practicing your overhead passes?" Y/N asked and brought out an onigiri.

"A-ah, about that, heh," he scratched his head, hinting a no.

"Do you want some help with it?" she offered, "I'm a setter, you know."

"She's going to teach me?" Nishinoya thought, "Does Y/N like me?!"

"Ah, you don't need to say yes to that," she took it back, seeing his confusing reaction, "I'll just watch you practice."

"Please teach me!" he asked and looked at her with his best attempt of puppy eyes.

She hummed a chuckle and placed her onigiri back to her bag, "Alright," she agreed.

"Won't they mind, though?" she looked at the three who were already practicing.

He shook his head instantly, answering the question.

"Okay, okay."

The two were stuck in their old world as they practiced Nishinoya's receives. Y/N showed off her jump float serves, impressing him even more.

"Oh, sorry!" she yelled on the opposite side of the court, "I messed that serve," she added.

"Rolling," it was his time to impress her, "Thunder!" he exclaimed.

"Rolling thunder?" she muttered and tilted her head.

"The rolling thunder!" Hinata noticed.

"Did you see that? Did you?" Nishinoya asked enthusiastically.

"Ah, yes," she nodded.

"What's rolling thunder?" she asked herself, "His special move or something?"

"One more!" he asked her, "Another jump float serve please!"

"Okay," she nodded again before retrieving the ball.

Almost the entire afternoon lasted like that. Just Nishinoya practicing his overhead passes and Y/N practicing her serves.

"Hey, why don't we go for a 2 on 2?" Hinata suggested just as she served, distracting Nishinoya.

"Y/N and I? Teaming up?" a mental image of them partnering up filled his head.

"Yuu!" she exclaimed, the ball was going to hit his face, "The ball!"

"Thud!" Y/N heard as Nishinoya got hit. The force made him fall down, worrying Y/N.

She rushed to him, "Are you okay?"

"Noya-san!" Hinata exclaimed and looked at his senior who had his eyes closed.

She crouched down, caressing the spot he got hit.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, "Where does it hurt? Here?"

"Who is this? An angel? Is Y/N-chan actually an angel?" he slowly opened his eyes again and looked at her worried expression, "Absolutely an angel from the heavens!" he thought.

"Where does it hurt? Here, right?" she asked him and gently tapped near the reddening spot.

"His cheeks are red too?!" she thought.

"Here, Y/N-chan, here," Nishinoya answered with an overly dramatic look on his face. He placed his fist near his heart, "It's aching!"

"A heart disease?!" she was completely shocked.

"It hurts here?" she worried even more and placed her hand on his clenched fist.

"But, but it's okay now!" he immediately took it back, realizing how serious she was.

"Are you sure?" she asked as he finally got up.

"Yup!" he answered as she stood up as well, "Hinata! Let's play a 2 on 2!"