24 | run

The moment Y/N reached the address, she looked left and right for the storage shed. But why storage shed? she wondered.

As she finally spotted a small wooden shed, she rushed to it and forcibly opened the door.

Contrary to what Y/N expected, it was dark and Nishinoya was nowhere to be found. She reached for the switch and turned on the light.

The bulb illuminated the dark walls and much to her surprise, there was a colorful box placed neatly on the center.

Out of curiosity, she she went to the nearer and opened it. It was filled with colorful merchandise of all shapes and sizes. But what got her attention more was a stack of photos inside.

She grabbed it and was taken aback, it was Nishinoya's pictures in Brazil. She checked each and every photo and at the last one, it was their picture in the aquarium. She wasn't even able to ask him to send that photo before.

She browsed through the other items, from small keychains to figures.

"Huh? Why isn't this in the stack?" Y/N wondered as she noticed another photograph.

As she lifted it out of the box, she saw that it was a picture of a beautiful coast, though was unknown to her where exactly it was.

Manarola
05/01/2020

"Manarola?" she looked at the messy handwriting behind the picture.

She pulled out her phone and quickly searched it up.

"Italy?!" she exclaimed, "He's in Italy!"

She returned the photo and grabbed the entire box on her arms.

"Just wait a little more, Yuu!" she thought and exited the shed.

° ° ° ° °

a week later

° ° ° ° °

Y/N was ready to go, with her hands holding the handle of her luggage. She was already in line to board the plane flying to Italy and was prepared to leave everything behind, her career included.

"Pass please," the staff said as she handed both her passport and boarding pass.

The process was rather quick and moments later, she was already looking for her seat.

"This way," the flight attendant guided her.

"Thank you," she headed there and placed her bag in the compartment.

° ° ° ° ° °

Italy

° ° ° ° ° ° °

Meanwhile, Nishinoya was still trying to get used to his new place. It was still meant to be temporary, as he wanted to travel more, but it would still be best if he familiarized himself.

"Ah, Noya, feel free to cook, but buy your own ingredients, okay?"

"Yeah, okay, Marco...-san," Nishinoya nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

"I'll be heading out," the other boy said as he grabbed his cap.

"Ah where to?"

"Market."

"Can I come too? I haven't bought anything since I came here," Nishinoya asked and approached the boy in the doorstep.

"Sure," he nodded.

Nishinoya grabbed his outdoor shoes and hurried to Marco, who was waiting for him. He made sure he had his wallet on his pocket and headed outside with his new roommate.

"Well, how long will you really be staying?"

"I'm not sure, but I'll split rent as promised!" Nishinoya answered and observed the new surroundings.

"Well, okay okay," Marco nodded and guided Nishinoya to the market.

"What are your plans? I've never really had foreigners stay too long."

"Maybe fishing?" Nishinoya answered, still with an enthusiastic tone.

"Oh well, I can introduce you to a friend who can help you with that."

"Really? Thanks Marco-san!"

"Marco-san?"

"It's a Japanese honorific," he explained, "It's like Mr. or something."

"Ah, I see. Anyway, there's a variety of stuff you can find here. Even some accessories," Marco swayed his head and looked at a stall.

"Oh! Can we check that out?" Nishinoya requested.

"Sure but make it quick, I need to buy fish."

Nishinoya dragged Marco to the stall as he admired the accessories displayed. They all looked gorgeous in Nishinoya's eyes but a particular design caught his attention.

"This floral earring would look so pretty on my angel," Nishinoya thought, thinking how Y/N would look in those.

"Nishinoya?" he heard his name get called by Marco, "Nishinoya?"

He turned around. It seems like his friend wandered around as he waited.

"Ah, Marco!" Nishinoya waved, getting the boy's attention. Marco approached him and looked at the earrings on his hands.

"Have you decided on that?" Marco asked, now eyeing on the other accessories.

"Yeah," Nishinoya nodded and handed it to the woman taking over the stall.

Nishinoya grabbed his wallet from his pocket and paid. He received his order with a small packaging and the two proceeded on their shopping.

Nishinoya, contrary to Marco, was looking around the scenery, the nearby park, the other stalls, and the people around. It felt so new and relieving.

"Nishinoya?" he heard his name get called again. He raised his brow. Marco was just beside him and his voice wasn't that high, nor was it any feminine.

"Yuu!" he heard the same voice again.

"Is someone calling you?" Marco also noticed and swayed his head.

"Y/N," Nishinoya muttered. He took a step back, not believing what was going on.

He rubbed his eyes, doubting that the girl he's been waiting for what felt like forever, was now before his very eyes, running towards him from a park.

"Finally," he thought.