6 | ideal

The next day, Nishinoya was still in awe with her agreeing to go on a date with him. He wasn't really expecting a yes, after all the times he tried date and get rejected by Kiyoko.

"Hey!!" Nishinoya typed on his keyboard, thinking of the right words to start a conversation with her.

As soon as he tapped the send button, he exited the app, excited and giddy.

"I wonder what she'll say, heh," he smiled and laid on his bed, with his phone still on his hand.

He switched to the browser app and looked for news about any upcoming festivals. After all, it was where Y/N wanted to go to.

"I-Is she going to wear a yukata?" a mental image of Y/N in one filled his imagination, making him blush.

"So cute!" he fanboyed over her.

As for Y/N, half an hour already passed when she noticed his message. She just took a bath and did her night routine.

"Hello. Sorry for the late reply," she messaged him, to which he replied immediately.

"It's okay!!" she read.

"How are you by the way?" she read his next message.

She put the towel on her shoulders and sat on her desk.

"I'm okay, a little sick though."

"Sick???" he replied even quicker.

"I must have overdone it when we played."

"You're the setter right?? A regular too?"

"Yes."

"Rest now, Y/N-san!!!"

"Okay, bye," she replied, trying to see how he'll react with her leaving the conversation so suddenly.

"Goodnight!" he surprisingly replied.

She turned off her phone and pulled away her glasses, gently placing them on her side table.

"Ah, I forgot to send him the festival poster," she reminded herself, now turning her phone back on.

"Yuu-senpai," she texted again.

Nishinoya didn't expect another message from her.

"Yeeees?"

He rolled on his bed and happily stared at his phone, "Did she notice she forgot to say goodnight? Heh," he muttered to himself.

"Here's the festival I was talking about," she replied a few moments after, with a photo of a flyer attached to it.

"We can go if you like," she added.

"Yes, we should go!" he replied before the photo even completely loaded.

"Absolutely!" he added, "It'll be very fun!"

"He seems pretty enthusiastic, maybe it wouldn't be so bad," she thought and waited for him to finish typing.

"Will you wear a yukata?" he boldly asked.

"I don't really look pretty on those," she thought and tried to decide.

"I don't know, maybe?" she replied.

The two frequently talked, thanks to Nishinoya being the persistent guy he was. He didn't even think if it was too much of a bother for Y/N and for Y/N, it was just nice having someone being genuinely caring, kind of.

"Y/N-san, what's your type?" he texted while he was having lunch with Tanaka.

"Type? Ideal?" she clarified just after her class was done.

"Yuuup!"

"I don't have one," she answered.

"Do you have someone you like?" he continued asking her, Y/N didn't know how to reply to that, knowing that he sort of has a crush on her.

"Ah, nevermind! Don't mind!" he replied, sounding like a volleyball reference.

"Okay."

"Hey, Y/N-san, let's go eat lunch," Y/N heard her friend as she felt someone tap on her shoulder.

"Eh, who are you texting? It's a boy, isn't it?" she added, sneaking around to see who it was.

"Yuu-senpai?" she read the name, "Who's that?"

"Forget it," Y/N turned off her phone and anxiously stood up.

"Eh, did the shy Y/N-san finally get a boyfriend?" another girl approached, "Who is it?"

"L-let's just," Y/N tried changing the topic, "Eat," she pushed up her glasses.

"Yeah, I'm hungry."

"But you should tell us who this mysterious Yuu-senpai is," the three walked towards the canteen.

"Is he a third year here? A second year?" they tried guessing to her annoyance.

Meanwhile, for Nishinoya, he was racking his brain in search for another topic to talk about. It didn't seem like she was nearly as interested as he was, dissatisfying him.

"Hey, Tanaka, what do you do on festival dates?" Nishinoya put down his phone and asked his friend.

"You're only talking to me now that you need love advice, heh," Tanaka shook his head.

"Seriously, what do you do there?" the boy cluelessly asked, as if Tanaka had any more experience that him.

"W-Well, ah, when you're with friends, you get lost then go somewhere you can see fireworks alone," Tanaka answered, faking confidence on his advice.

"Y/N-san isn't taking her friends with her," Nishinoya corrected, paying close attention.

"You get her a goldfish and watch fireworks."

"How is goldfish romantic?" Nishinoya asked and sighed, picking up his phone again.

To his surprise, he saw a message notification from her.

"Well, I think I do have a type," he read Y/N's message.

"I like gentle and caring guys," he continued reading.

"Is this me?" Nishinoya thought, smiling like a child.