12 | say it back

"I like you, Y/N-chan," Nishinoya confessed as the gentle breeze blew through his hair.

"You, you like me?" she mumbled, it wasn't as if he hasn't made it obvious though. Her cheeks began to redden and she couldn't look at him in the eye.

"Yeah, I really do," he smiled and scratched the back of his head, it was such a carefree confession.

"Is he acting cool?" Y/N thought.

"So, w-will you go out with me?" he asked as she tucked her hair again.

Given his personality, she was expecting a playful confession, something he'd say out of nowhere but he did seem serious this time.

"Are you sure with me?" she asked, still looking down.

"Yup," he nodded and smiled.

"T-then," she spoke in a voice even softer and hushed. Her movements were subtle, but she managed to nod her head in response.

"R-really?!" he raised the volume of his voice, "Really?!" he repeated.

She ran her fingers through her hair, "Yes," she mumbled and tried raising her head to look at him.

"Really!" he was delighted and his energy was beaming through the dark night, "I really really like you, Y/N-chan! he proclaimed and tackled her for an embrace.

"Y-Yuu-senpai," she muttered his name as she felt his arms wrap around her.

He rested his head on her shoulder and she gladly followed. Leaning on him for the first time, she felt her heart race.

As he broke the embrace, he was surprised at the blushing mess Y/N was, "You're so cute!" he said in between his chuckles, "So red."

"You, too, Yuu-senpai," she pouted.

"Really?" he asked, "I'm so cute?"

"No, I mean, yes, but, you're very red too," she clarified and pushed back her glasses.

"She called me cute? Is that a good thing?" Nishinoya thought.

"I, I should go home now," she changed the topic and turned around.

"Ah, I'm taking you home," he walked alongside Y/N.

"Okay."

The night was silent, with only their footsteps audible. Y/N was quiet, as usual, and Nishinoya racked his brain to disturb the silence. He wasn't used to it.

"C-can I hold your hand!" he asked loudly, almost not even sounding like a question.

She averted her gaze at him and smiled, then looked at sidewalk again. She intentionally bumped her hand on his, hinting a yes.

"Another angelic smile! Y/N is an angel!" he thought and held her hand, intertwining her soft fingers with his.

"By the way, have you dated before, Yuu-senpai?" Y/N asked. She wasn't able to return the question a while ago.

"You're my first girlfriend," he admitted a little bashfully, making her heart skip a beat.

"G-girlfriend," she mumbled and pushed her glassed back.

"I can call you that now, right?" he asked with a playful tone, "Right?" he insisted.

He looked at her, she couldn't look at him again. Her shy nature, though contrary to his chaotic energy, was what he liked about Y/N the most.

She nodded again, "Y-yes," she muttered.

"You," she added, "you're my first b-boyfriend," she spoke.

Not long after, they finally arrived at her house. It was time to call it a day.

"Well, bye," she faced him and finally looked at him in the eye.

"Good night, Y/N-chan."

"Good night, Yuu-senpai," she responded as the corners of her lips slightly curved upwards.

"I like you," Nishinoya confessed again. It caught Y/N offguard, she couldn't say it yet.

"Yuu-sen-"

"You don't have to say it back yet, it's okay," he interrupted her. It made her sigh. With her lack of dating experience, those words were unknown territory.

"I'll make you say it soon though," he promised, "Goodnight, Y/N-chan," he repeated.