Chapter 25

a/n: hey everyone! it's been a while...  here's something to keep you going until the next update ❤️

Harry POV:

Bright light shines through, piercing the dark hotel curtains that were doing a terrible job of keeping the sun out. I open my eyes despite the burning sensation that came from doing so. I stretch my arms out and take a deep breath only to take in the stench of the alcohol that surrounded the room. Sitting up in bed, I rested my weight on my arms that were stretched out behind me, knocking over the empty alcohol bottles and glasses that now took up residency in my bed... where she was supposed to be instead. .

In my bed and you're not here...

Rolling out of bed, I trudge to the shower, turning the hot water on. I nearly let out a moan as the hot water beats down my back, washing away the alcohol. It was another day, another show. Performing was something I used to enjoy but lately it was something I reluctantly did. The passion was unfortunately fading very quickly.

Her smile. Her laugher. Her touch. Her kiss.

I loved the shape of your lips. They fit so perfectly with mine. I loved the taste of her strawberry lipstick.

I wonder what she's doing right now. Is she listening to her Hippie music? Is she laughing at someone else's joke?

I let a silent sob as I rest my head on the cold tiles of the shower. How could I be so stupid to let a woman like that out of my life?

A knock brings me out my thoughts as I throw on the same as yesterday. I opened the door to see the intern who replaced her. 

Natasha. She's not the same. She's too happy. Sarah and Mitch didn't get along with her the same way they used to get along with her.

"Hi Harry!" she greeted with way more excitement than needed.

"Hi," I deadpanned, not giving a damn about today already.

"Just wanted to let you know that you have a meeting with Jeff later today. He said he wanted to talk about your recent show. He also wanted to make sure you wanted those sunflowers at the merchandise tables for the show tomorrow night?" she asked enthusiastically.

Sunflowers...

"Yeah, tell him I'll call him later today with a time and place for our meeting and yes to the... uh sunflowers for tomorrow night," I replied quietly.

"Perfect! You said you wanted them flown in from Julie's Sunflowers right?" she clarified.

I nodded before shutting the door on Natasha before she could see the tears that began to fill my dull eyes. I hastily wiped them away, clearing my throat as I began cleaning up the hotel room before the cleaning service arrived and the guiltiness settled in.

This was the routine. Wake up. Sing. Drink. Sleep and do it all again the next day all whilst keeping that fake smile that started to feel normal now. It's been over three months since I last heard from her. It's been three months of this wretched routine.

I grab my bag and sunglasses and head out the room, making sure to pull up my hood. The last thing I need to see is any more of that golden sun that just so happens to remind of her too. All our days spent by the pool...

I shook my head trying to get rid of those bittersweet memories and headed for the arena. Everyone that used to surround me started to distance themselves. They knew better than to start any conversation with me. It was just Sarah and Mitch who rarely spoke to me. Sometimes Charlotte or Adam would say something but they'd stop talking when Mitch or Sarah gave them a look.