Chapter 14

** Author's Note at the end**

*I'll let you know when to play the song! Happy reading!*

I'm worried.

Terrified would be the proper word.

It's May 31st, the day before my birthday which has Harry acting all jumpy and distant. We were hanging out in the theatre room watching some movies, when he got up abruptly and left after mumbling something about needing to make a couple phone calls. After he left the theatre room, I thought I'd get a head start on lunch and whipped up some grilled cheese sandwiches with some tomato soup. Harry literally inhaled his food while I sat there in shock by how fast he was eating. After he finished eating, he ran back upstairs to his office and didn't come back down until around 8 p.m.

I was cuddled up in the family room watching Despicable Me when Harry walked in with two bottles of beer and the cutest smile, "Whatcha watchin?" he asks, taking a seat next to me as he hands me a bottle.

"Despicable Me," I giggled as I took the bottle from him, taking a gulp of the cold beer.

Harry shook his head with a grin, "Of course you are," he chuckled as he got comfortable on the couch.

Minutes into watching the movie, I turned the volume down and faced Harry, "Okay, I know you know that my birthday is tomorrow," I told him as he listened intently, "Harry I'm begging you, please do not, emphasis on not, do anything stupid tomorrow," I stated with pleading eyes.

Harry's lips fell into a lazy smile, slowly inching towards a smirk, as he turned his head back towards the tv, taking a swing of the beer, "I have no idea what you're talking about, Rose," he now smirks, his eyes still trained on the tv.

"Harry," I warned, "I don't want anything, okay? Me having a room here is literally enough. Please don't do anything tomorrow," I said before turning to face the tv.

"Yeah, yeah," Harry waved off as he glanced over his shoulder at me with a sly smile before turning away as he bit the corner of his lip. "Speaking of your birthday, what would you do back home?" Harry asked curiously.

"Um well, my parents and I had this tradition where we would start every birthday with a huge breakfast. My mom would wake up super early and make loads of pancakes, bacon, eggs and some toast for us to eat. We would finish every single thing on the table!" I tell Harry as I smile before finishing my beer.

"That's cute," Harry says as he finishes his too, "I'm gonna head for bed now," he says as he hops off the couch.

"What? It's only 9 p.m." I stated.

Harry shrugged his shoulders as he took the empty bottle from my hand. Our fingers briefly bush against each other, sending those heart stopping shocks of electricity up my arm just from touching him.

"Yeah... Just feeling tired today," he claimed, failing to hide the smile that was forming on his lips.

"Goodnight, Rose!" Harry called out as he walked away leaving me in a bigger state of confusion and worry than I already was in with what events may take place tomorrow.

*********

I woke up the next morning to a loud bang from downstairs. I sat up in bed, startled by the sound and looked around frantically, "Harry?!" I yelled from my room.

"Everything's okay! Go back to sleep!" Harry called out faintly from the bottom of the stairs.

I let out a soft chuckle as I fell back in bed not before grabbing my phone which had been sitting on my nightstand filling up with all my birthday wishes. My dad and the girls sent me texts wishing me a happy birthday.