Chapter 31

"Hi Rose

"Hi Rose."

This can't be happening.

I'm sure I was hallucinating.

No fucking way was Harry standing in front of me.

I stared at him with widened eyes, stiff from the shock that filled my body. I blinked fast, still not believing he was standing in front of me. I turned around looking at Niall, his eyes flickering between me and Harry.

"Just hear him out, Cecelia," Niall softly spoke before reaching forward and closing the door behind him.

I stood still, my back to Harry, closing my eyes tightly as if he would just disappear from where he was standing. I hated that I could feel the tears slowly begin to rise. All those months of pain crashing into me all at one time.

"Rose?"

I took in a quick breath, shaking my head quickly in denial, "W-what are you doing here?" I muttered.

"I just want to talk," Harry spoke softly.

Still facing the door I answered, "No, Harry. You had your time to talk already. You missed your chance," I spoke coldy.

"Please, Rose. I'm begging you. Please hear me out," Harry pleaded, sounding closer than I anticipated.

I turned around faster than I should have, giving myself whiplash, "No," I snapped, "You don't get to call me that. You lost that right a long time ago."

The tone of my voice was something he should've expected but I don't think he saw it coming so soon into our conversation. Harry visibly winced from the harshness.

"Why should I, Harry? It's been 8 months. 8 goddamn months since I've seen you. 8 horrible fucking months since I've heard your voice. Why are you even here? You've clearly moved on," I spat, folding my arms across my body.

A frown instantly appeared on his face as he shook his head in denial, "No I haven't, Cecelia. I haven't moved on. You don't think I've been beating myself up since you left my house that morning? I didn't even get a chance to explain myself!"

I threw my hands in the air in exasperation, "What was there to say, Harry? What, that you became the world's biggest fucking asshole?"

He placed the roses on the table as he slowly walked towards me, running his hands through his hair. Something he did when he was nervous.

"Yes, I completely agree. I still am the biggest asshole. Not only for saying what I said. But for the way I treated you that day, Cecelia. I'm the biggest asshole for not being there for you. I'm the biggest fucking asshole for comparing you to your mom. Believe me when I say that I still haven't heard the end of it from Sarah and Mitch," he admitted as he neared me.