Chapter 24

Middle of January

It's been a couple months since I've been on tour with Niall. My life has been anything but boring. The fans have been incredible. The energy the band and Niall have been feeding off of the fans has been fuelling their performances. We've been all over the US, making a quick pit stop in Canada for the Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto shows.

I couldn't stop smiling when I finally hugged my dad and the girls after being away from them for so long. Dad definitely looked like he aged a lot since the last time I saw him. You could see the wisdom of old age oozing out of his eyes.

On my first night home, we went to the pub where I had my last performance before losing mom. There was this strange warmth that engulfed my surroundings when I stepped in, it was almost as if she was there with us. Sam, the owner and an old friend of dad's from university, was there and made sure that there were endless pitchers of beer for dad and I to drink from. Later that night, Gabriela and Tracey joined us. It was quite a sight watching them run through the door at the same time and seeing them get stuck.

Dad and I just watched them struggle while they cursed at each other. Once they got through, they quickly dusted themselves off and scanned the pub for my dad and I. I don't think I've ever been hugged so tightly by them before. They almost knocked me over from the way they attacked me. I swear dad had some tears in his eyes. He knows how much they've been there for me.

After we had a couple of drinks with dad, he headed home whilst the girls and I headed out on the town. I may have forgotten to mention to Gabriela and Tracey that Niall and Amelia were in the city because they almost had a heart attack when they saw who was meeting us at the other bar. Niall said he wanted to visit Toronto when it was in its winter glory. I, of course, told him to visit. I surprised him by flying Amelia out for the last show in Vegas.

Amelia was basically a copy of myself. We were weirdly alike. Our taste in music, food, and even the smallest pet peeves were all the same. Niall wasn't kidding when he said that we would get along really well. I felt slightly guilty because Amelia and I spent the majority of the time together instead of her and Niall. It was so nice to finally have another girl on tour. Being surrounded by all that testosterone really takes a toll on you. The last few weeks have been endless teasing, scaring, and pranking from the band and Niall. They got so much joy from watching me nearly shit myself. Amelia and I were quick to team up and pull a fast one on them. But of course, after succeeding we were attacked with cans of silly string the boys had kept aside.

Gabriela, Tracey, and Amelia immediately clicked which didn't surprise me. The two brats of course had their quick fangirl session before calming down and introducing themselves to the lovely couple. That night was a crazy one. It was basically Niall versus four drunk girls. Amelia and Niall flew back to Ireland after a couple days to spend Christmas and New Years with their family.

After spending Christmas with dad and Gabriela and Tracey's families, the girls and I made sure to celebrate big for New Years. We reconnected with some old University friends and headed over to a house party one of them were hosting.

I won't lie and say that it was a happy night.

I spent most of time thinking about how this was supposed to be Harry and I bringing in the New Year together. I really don't know how I'm getting through this tour. I've seen a couple of pictures Helene has posted from his concerts. Harry started Love on Tour at the beginning of December, just after Niall. He looks happy, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes like they did in the summer. Sarah and Mitch have kept in touch. I met up with them at our Washington show for a coffee. Knowing that Harry and I were in the same state was nerve wracking. I miss him so much. There have been many nights that I've cried myself to sleep while looking at videos and pictures of us. It feels so strange that I'm not experiencing this life with him.