CHAPTER 4 - A Good Wife

Please Vote, Comment and Share

--

Sindhu woke up early the next morning and started cooking. She peeled potatoes before putting rice in the cooker. She was slicing onions and tomatoes when she remembered Karthik is not awake yet; or may be he is getting ready in his room.

When rice was cooked, she put a pot of water on the stove to prepare tea. When it was done, she took a cup and knocked his door. There was no sound from the other end except the whirring of the fan. She entered the room, only after knocking the door again.

Karthik was asleep on his bed. She had to call his name number of times until he finally woke up.

"What?" he yelled, irritation lacing his voice.

"So.. He is always like this" she mumbled under her breath.

"What?" he asked, looking annoyed at her.

Sindhu thought he looked cute with his morning bed hair, even if he looked annoyed. She cleared her throat "I said you will be late to office"

As if on cue, his eyes shifted to the wall clock opposite to his bed making him get up in hurry.

"Your tea" she said, giving his cup which he took without arguing; she sighed in relief for a non-fussy morning.

Going back to kitchen, she resumed her cooking. She made Maggi for breakfast not knowing what he likes.

By the time he came to the living room formally dressed, she placed a bowl of Maggi in front of him and saw a look of surprise on his face.

Oh My God!! He doesn't like Maggi? But I thought everyone loves it.

He sat in one of the chairs of the dining table, grabbing the bowl.

Sindhu hoped he liked it. It was looking colorful, with the onions and tomatoes and she prayed it was tasty too.

When he took a spoonful, she was almost ready to pass out from the tension.

Thankfully, he said nothing and continued eating. Meanwhile, she went back to kitchen and packed his lunch.

When Karthik came to kitchen to wash hands, he was shocked seeing the Tupperware Lunch Box Set that Sindhu was packing hurriedly.

"What's that?" he asked, unable to keep the surprise off his voice.

"Lunch for you" she answered nonchalantly.

"I didn't tell you to prepare" he said coldly.

Sindhu sighed heavily knowing where this discussion is going. She replied however "Should you?"

When he glared at her, she added "I already told you, I am only doing what I am supposed to do. I don't have a problem cooking for you since I have to cook for myself. And I know, food at mess is horrible"

"But, I am used to it" he fumed.

"You need not eat that anymore. You have a choice now" she said, almost pleading.

"Please. Take this" she finally said and thrust the lunch bag into his hands.

He took the bag, not at all happy at what she was making him do and left the house taking his backpack with him.

After he was gone, Sindhu brought a bowl of Maggi for herself and savored it happily. It's very tasty.

Karthik walked out of his apartment, took the elevator to the cellar where his bike was parked. Then, he started the engine and drove to his office.