CHAPTER 24 - Mistakes

Surprised why there's an update when I already updated today? Ok, here's the thing....

My brother wants my laptop tomorrow. But, I promised you guys that I will update everyday if you gave your love through votes and comments.. So, here I am fulfilling it by giving a double update today.. Happy???

---

The next day when Karthik was getting ready and Sindhu was busy packing his lunch, Tulasi switched on TV feeling bored.

When Karthik came to the living to have breakfast, Tulasi was flipping through the channels to find a nice movie.

"Karthik. Do you have laptop?" she asked, after few minutes.

"Yes, why" he replied, washing his hands.

"I want to see some new movies. I have already seen all of them" she said, pointing towards Sindhu's DVD collection.

"Fine" he answered, before hurriedly walking to his room to retrieve his laptop.

Once he gave his laptop bag to Tulasi, he headed to the kitchen to take his lunch.

"Sindhu. I am getting late" he complained, checking his watch.

"One sec" she said quickly putting the boxes in Tupperware lunch bag before giving it to him.

He took his bag and left to the door, wearing his shoes in hurry.

"Ok then bye" he announced to no one in particular when Tulasi interfered "Karthik. What's your password?"

Karthik was about to blurt out when he realized what his password was.

Shit. He forgot to change his password.

Ever since he started spending time with his wife, he stopped sulking in his room with his laptop; it's been a long time since he last used it.

Tulasi was waiting for his answer while Sindhu looked very uncomfortable, trying to avoid his line of vision. He knew he has to say something, but he was clueless. He didn't want Tulasi to think that he is still in love with her and having Sindhu in the same room isn't helping.

To break the awkward silence, Sindhu finally said "Its Tulasi with a capital T"

Karthik gaped at her in shock as she slowly walked away to her room with an impassive face.

How the hell did she know that? Did she use his laptop without him knowing it?

Shit. Why didn't he change the password? It must seem to her that he is still in love with Tulasi when he is not. There is no one is in his mind or heart except Sindhu and he wished he had the guts to confess.

He looked at Tulasi who was gazing at the direction Sindhu left with what looked like sympathy in her eyes. It's his duty to let her know that he forgot her but he didn't have time for explanation; especially when he's already late to his meeting.

He left the house without a second look remembering his meeting and made his way to the parking lot.

Sindhu sat on the bed as tears pooled her eyes. She realized that the moment of decision arrived. She has to leave Karthik now; after all, he is still in love with his ex.

She cried remembering his smiles. If she want him to continue to be happy, she has to leave; though it killed her.

She walked into the shower, dismissing her clothes and sobbed hard. She didn't want to leave him but she had no choice.

She has to either remain with him and see him suffer or leave him to be happy. And she knew, what her decision is going to be.

When she walked back to her room after a refreshing shower, she saw Tulasi waiting for her.