CHAPTER 18 - Cars have walls

The next day, Karthik announced to his team members that one of them have to stay at office every Saturday. They didn't seem happy with the new arrangement but he didn't have a choice; at least they will get comp-offs for working extra.

After his team meeting, he went back to his cabin to work but couldn't stop thinking about what happened the previous night.

Her smile!!! God, her smile was everything he thought about, ever since he left her room last night. Even after he went back to his room, he stood behind his door thinking of ways to go back to her. He really enjoyed spending time with her; he loved seeing her smile and the fact that he was the reason behind that made him proud.

He never felt this way with Tulasi. Sure, he loved her but his feelings were never this deep for her. So, what does this mean now? What should he do?

He was brought back to reality when he heard Ravi cough in front of him. He came back to senses instantly as he asked "What are you doing here?"

"I have a flight in the evening. I came to tell you bye and also to check up on you" Ravi said, trying hard not to smirk.

"Why would you check up on me?" he asked, feeling curious.

"Because of the rumors circulating around the office"

"What rumors?" he asked, raising his eyes.

"About you, actually. Everyone's wondering what happened to the ultimate bad boy of the office who is now seen smiling for no reason"

Karthik rolled his eyes "Shouldn't I smile?"

He remembered asking Sindhu, a similar question; the previous day. And the way she asked Have you hit your head? Did she really think that? The way she looked at him like he escaped from a mental asylum brought a stupid smile on his face.

"See-- What I am saying" Ravi's voice brought him back to the present.

He groaned "Look, I can smile when I want to"

"No, you can't. You can't just smile in the middle of a serious conversation. Few people can think that you've gone mad. Take your team for instant; everyone's thinking why you've suddenly gone soft"

"How did you know about this?"

"I heard my team mate Samrat talking to someone from your team. Apparently, you have gone easy on a guy who still hasn't started testing when he should've completed the first stage of it"

"How the hell did you know this?" he exclaimed, gaping at him in shock.

"Kar....I told you I heard. Now tell me about this change" he said smiling.

"You know I don't like discussing my personal life with anyone" he retorted, trying to look angry.

Ravi sighed expecting that kind of a reply. Even when he loved Tulasi, he kept that as a secret for many months until he confronted him.

Ravi started awkwardly "Um.. Please tell me, you realized that you're in love. I haven't seen you this happy even when you're with Tulasi"

Karthik smiled nodding "I was wondering the same thing before you came"

Ravi grinned "Good. Um, I will go then. I have a meeting to address before I go home"

"Yeah fine" He replied and before Ravi could go out, he added "Happy journey and have fun"

"That I will" He said, before heading out.

After that, he drowned himself in work though occasionally, he would smile remembering her words, her smile and her.