CHAPTER 11 - Search Mission

Karthik was in the children's park thinking about the argument with his wife. Though he was furious at her, he wished he didn't say all of that. After all, he was not sure if she really planned anything with his mother.

He went back to his apartment two hours later with a terrible headache. As he was making his way towards the stairs, he found Govind call his name.

"Your keys sir" Govind said, showing his house keys.

"How did you get them?" he asked him, his eyes narrowed.

"Mam told me to give you these"

"Sindhu? Why? She went somewhere?" Karthik asked perplexed at the situation.

Govind nodded "She left an hour ago"

Karthik was shocked hearing that. What did he mean she left?

He took the keys "What do you mean she left? Did she tell you where she was going?"

"Mam left with a big bag in her hand. She didn't tell me where she was going; I didn't ask her, actually. However, she told me to send my wife to your house for maid work. I think she won't be coming back for a while"

Alarmed at Govind's words, he instantly took his phone but didn't know who to call. He didn't have her number.

Karthik didn't understand where she would go; she didn't have many friends and Hemanth is not here. He was almost sure she wouldn't go to her parents' house; if she did, then she wouldn't have taken a bag.

He went to his house and walked up to her room; this was the first time he saw her room after they came here. It looked neat and tidy making him wish he kept his room like that.

He saw that a few cupboards were open and empty. When he was about to exit the room, he saw a paper hanging out from under the pillow and quickly opened it.

I am leaving. I won't bother you anymore.

I need one last help. I will have to lie to my parents that I am still there as I don't want them to be upset about us. Please make sure not to blurt out about me if my parents called you. I need some time to inform them about us.

Thanks

Sindhu

Karthik wished she said more; he would have felt better if she called him godawful names or said he was responsible for her grief. He would even take her yelling instead of this.

The thought that she left him because of his stupidity was killing his conscience and he didn't know how to find her to say that he was sorry.

He had to say sorry. But for that, he needed her and he didn't know how to find her.

Karthik called his mother immediately hoping he could get Sindhu's number from her. Seetha was angry at him when he told he wanted his wife's number. However, she was furious when he informed Sindhu left.

"What did you do? Tell me what happened" Seetha hissed at him; he never found her this angry.When he explained briefly about what happened, she seemed more angry.

"I will message her number to you. If you don't find her, I am never going to talk to you again" she fumed. "I want my daughter-in law back, safe and sound. Is that clear?"

"Y-Yes" he said finally. For the first time ever, he was afraid of his mother. She was very angry and he can't blame her for that.

"Mom!!! If you have a picture of her, please send to my mobile" he disconnected the call having said that.