CHAPTER 20 - A Secret

Sorry for the late update.. I was out on friend's work and became sick because of the hot climate.

----

Staying with Tulasi made Sindhu soon realize why Karthik couldn't forget her. Tulasi is damn perfect; everything a man wants in a woman while she is far from it.

When Sindhu woke up the next morning, Tulasi was already back from a morning walk; Her track pants and t shirt fit her lean body perfectly, showing the curves at right places.

Sindhu sighed feeling she can never compete with her; in looks, body and mind. Tulasi's husband must have been an idiot to let her go.

When the three of them gathered for breakfast, Sindhu felt like a clown sitting with the other two who are freshly showered.

They look perfect for each other, she thought sadly.

Before heading to office, Karthik bid goodbye to Tulasi making Sindhu's heart sink. He never told her bye in all the months they stayed together. She tried to put up a straight face though her heart clenched when he nodded his version of bye to her.

After he left, she continued her morning routine of cleaning the house when Tulasi watched TV. After Sindhu was done with the household work, she showered and came back to Tulasi who was all alone.

"You don't have a problem with this, right?" Tulasi asked shyly.

"With what?" Sindhu questioned, looking confused while drying her hair with a towel.

"With me staying here"

She would be lying if she said she didn't have a problem because she did; especially after knowing how good a person Tulasi is.

"You are a very good person and you need help" Sindhu answered instead.

"I am sorry" she said, lowering her eyes.

"For what?"

"I can see you and Karthik don't have a perfect relationship and I know it's because of me"

"I can't blame you or him for that. Loving someone is not a mistake" Sindhu answered truthfully. If Tulasi was a bad person, it would've been easier to blame everything on her but since she is not, Sindhu was clueless about the situation.

"I don't know what to say" Tulasi replied with a smile.

"Can I ask you something personal? You need not answer if you don't feel comfortable" Sindhu said slowly. When Tulasi nodded tentatively, she added "Why didn't you tell your parents that you loved Karthik?"

Tulasi frowned thinking deeply "I was scared like every other girl. He told his parents but I never told mine because my parents are from a village and they won't accept a guy from different caste. Whenever I went home, I thought of telling them but couldn't. Finally, once when they called me to comeback urgently, I went there and was shocked to know that my marriage was already fixed with another guy"

Sindhu frowned "What did Karthik say when you told him? Didn't he do anything to get you back?"

"I informed him after getting engaged. Even then, he said he will come and talk to them but I refused. My marriage was in a week and my house was filled with relatives and I didn't want him to create a scene at that time. I didn't want to hurt my parents and he understood that"

"Can I seriously say something?" Tulasi nodded as she continued "If the two of you really loved each other, you should have found a way to succeed your love"

"Then maybe we didn't love each other enough to leave everything else behind" Tulasi said casually, not at all offended by Sindhu's words.

"What do you mean?"