CHAPTER 5 - Honeymoon?

Please Vote, Comment and Share

—-

Sindhu was watching TV like everyday when Karthik came back from work; this time, with a friend.

"I am Ravi, Karthik's best friend. Pleased to meet you" Ravi said extending his hand towards Sindhu.

"The pleasure is all mine" Sindhu replied, giving him a fake smile.

Ever since she was married, she forgot smiling. All she felt now was anger, hurt, fear and disappointment. She didn't know how long it would last.

She got fruits and water to both the friends who were sitting on the couch and chatting about the upcoming India - Pakistan match.

She sat on the recliner and turned to Ravi "I remember seeing you at the wedding"

"Well, I am too handsome to forget" he said in a flirty tone.

She chuckled "You are cocky"

"Is that a bad thing?" Ravi said in a teasing tone.

"Well, it depends" When Ravi raised an eyebrow she added "I like cocky guys"

Sindhu didn't care she was flirting with her husband's best friend, that too when he is just beside them. After a long time, she felt happy. It felt good to feel alive again.

"And why is that so?" Ravi teased.

"Because they make good brothers" She replied mimicking his tone.

Though it was a lame joke, she ended up laughing seeing Ravi's reaction. She even saw Karthik's lips twitch up; he was so close to smiling even if it would have been a faint one.

"I don't like when women call me brother" Ravi replied in a sulky tone.

Sindhu instantly felt sad. He reminded her of her best friend Hemanth. She realized how much she missed him.

"What happened?" Ravi asked, looking concerned.

"What?" Sindhu replied, coming out of her thoughts.

"You look sad" he said with a frown.

"You remind me of my best friend" she replied sadly.

"That makes you sad because ?"

"I haven't been in touch with him since almost an year. We grew up together and were best friends ever since Kindergarten"

Ravi wanted to ask her about her friend but stayed calm just like Karthik. He remembered he was an outsider and it was the first time he met her.

"I will get you something" Sindhu announced and left the room.

When Sindhu came back with a plate of biscuits, Karthik was no where to be seen.

"Kar went to his room to freshen up" Ravi said as if reading her mind.

"You call him Kar?"

He nodded "I can call you with a nick name too"

She chuckled "I don't want to be called Sin"

Ravi laughed taking a biscuit from the plate "This is good. Where did you get it?"

"I prepared it" She answered. She was bored and wanted to keep her mind off what happened in the morning and so baked biscuits.

"Wow, I forgot you are a good cook. Now I knew you bake well too"

"You tasted my food?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, I tasted your food" He replied, losing his smile.