CHAPTER 28 - The Beach

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share

---

Karthik was surprised to find Sindhu fidgeting with her hands inside the car instead of getting out.

He opened her door and asked in worry "What happened?"

She looked at him grumpily "Look at my dress. How can I come out wearing this?"

He sighed "Its ok. No one will notice in the dark"

"You could've told me we are not going to pub. I would have dressed casually"

"I wanted it to be a surprise. Now, come out. No one cares what you wear" he said softly, giving his hand to her.

She took it before leaving her wedges in the car and got out when he closed the door behind her and locked it.

"Why did you leave your shoes?" he asked casually, as they walked into the sand.

"They will be spoilt in the sand and they are not even mine"

As they walked closer, Sindhu observed that he brought her to a secluded part of the beach where not many people were present.

"Is it a date?" she blurted out without thinking. In an instant, she closed her mouth with her hands in mortification.

He chuckled "If you want it to be, then yes"

"Where should I sit?" she asked, looking around.

"You don't want to go into the water?" he asked, feeling surprised.

"No. I like watching the sea"

"Then, let's sit here" he answered, showing the ground.

"Are we going anywhere after this or directly home?"

"We will go for dinner. Why?"

She groaned "I can't sit down then"

"You can sit on my lap" he chimed in.

Sindhu turned to look at him to know if he is teasing or being serious. When she found him with a straight face, she murmured "No. I will be fine standing"

Karthik sat on the sand as he looked at her bare legs and smirked "I don't mind sitting here; the view is pretty great"

When Sindhu found him gazing at her legs, she sat down immediately making him chuckle.

He pulled her on to his lap "You said you won't sit"

She blushed "But you were--- um—I think I should get down"

When she tried getting out of his lap, he tightened his grip on her waist "Don't leave"

Her heart fluttered hearing him and she continued to stare at him with a dreamy smile.

"I thought you like watching sea" His teasing words brought her out of trance as she mumbled still in a daze "It's ok. I like watching you too"

The moment those words left her mouth, Sindhu wanted to find a hole and crawl in. She closed her eyes feeling incredibly stupid when she heard him laughing.

"Stop laughing at me" She elbowed him in his ribs, looking grumpy.

"How can I? When you are so----" He stopped himself before saying 'cute'.

"When I am so?" she said, raising her eyebrows in anticipation. Is that almost a compliment?

"Nothing" he said with a playful smile, understanding what she was trying to do.