CHAPTER 31 - Goodbye

Yes!!! Two updates in a span of 24 hours.. You love me, right? :p 

---

Sindhu helped Tulasi in packing her luggage. Now that Tulasi is leaving, she will be all alone in the house and bored to death. She felt sad for parting with a friend.

"What is your husband's name?" She asked her, when she remembered that she didn't know the idiot's name who made her friend's life, a living hell.

"Vinay" She replied with a smile.

"What does he do?" Sindhu asked casually, hoping Tulasi didn't feel like she's prying on him.

"He works in an engineering college as an associate professor"

"Oh great. He is a professor"

Sensing the sarcasm in her voice, Tulasi started awkwardly "Umm Sindhu. I know you hate him for doing this to me but trust me, he is not a bad guy"

"Yeah, right" she replied seriously.

Tulasi sighed "Look he was never the evil husband that you framed him in your mind. He loved me and cared for me in the months we were together. He gave me time to forget my past and only then did he touch me; with my consent. He was a good husband"

"Yeah behind closed doors" Sindhu completed her "But he will be called a man only if he stood up for his wife. Not just against his own mom but also the whole world if necessary"

"He didn't--"

"Please don't tell me he didn't have a choice. He could have fought against his mom or called your parents to know your whereabouts"

"If he is not Karthik doesn't mean he is bad"

Sindhu frowned "What do you mean?"

"I mean if he didn't come for me like Karthik did, travelling all over to Goa for you, doesn't mean he is bad" She explained "There are all kinds of love"

"Somehow that doesn't sound love at all" Sindhu mumbled under her breath.

"What about the love for his mother? He has to---"

"So, you say it's ok if he does anything she asks him to?" she asked, looking at her incredulously.

"I didn't mean it that way. Let's leave it. Please"

"Fine.. But trust me, if I ever meet him, he is going to get a sure shot kick from me"

Tulasi chuckled "I won't stop you"

"Promise?"

This time Tulasi laughed "Yes, I promise"

"So, will you have early dinner or shall I pack for you?"

"When's the train?"

"8:30; which means we have to start at least by 7 and you should have dinner by 6.45"

"I will eat in the train then. Did Karthik say when he will come? He said he has issues at work"

"Yeah. He said he will try. If not, I will drop you at Secunderabad railway station" When Tulasi nodded, she continued "Is Chapathi and Potato curry ok for you?"

"Perfect"

She smiled "I will get on with it then"

After Sindhu left her room, Tulasi sighed worrying about her future. Though her visit to Hyderabad had been fruitless and she didn't find a job, she is glad to have met Sindhu.

When Karthik came back from work, he greeted Sindhu who is working in the kitchen before going to Tulasi's room.

"Everything is set?" He asked her, before sitting on the cot while she was on a chair.